STRETCH MARKS HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM ??!!??

Options
polehero
polehero Posts: 7 Member
SO I RECENTLY HAD A BABY GAINING 67 POUNDS AND NOW 8 MONTHS LATER HAVE LOST 80 POUNDS , NEEDLESS TO SAY MY SKIN NEEDS SOME HELP AROUND THE LOWER TUMMY AREA. I ALMOST HAVE A FLAT STOMACH ITS JUST THIS LITTLE PUDGE OF STRETCHED OUT SKIN THAT MAKES MY BODY NOT BIKINI READY .
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK WITH THIS KIND OF SITUATION ??
HAS ANYONE TRIED A CREAM OR SPA/SALON THERAPY THAT WORKED ??
IM ONLY 24 WILL THIS HEAL ON ITS OWN IN TIME .. ITS ALREADY ALMOST THE FULL 9 MONTH RECOVERY PERIOD

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I think you're caps lock is stuck. ^^

You don't. They fade with time, but they are scars. You may be able to get them lasered to reduce their appearance as well.

If they are red or purpleish, they may fade away, but if they've already faded to close to skin tone, they're there for good.
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sadly you can't get rid of them entirely. I had my son 18 years ago and I still have mine. They fade but never go away. There is no miracle cream.
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    apply cocoa butter on your stretch marks every night. idk if itll make it go away completely but it will help
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    You won't. Like mentioned above they are scars. Tanning helps to reduce appearance of them. Some laser surgery can reduce them. But overall, they're part of you now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • OperationGetFIT
    Options
    Unfortunately, there isn't much that will help get rid of them....they are scars. If there is I NEED to know!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of them with a special cream or lotion. The damage is at a deeper connective tissue part of your skin the lotions don't get to. But time fades the stretch marks.
  • KeishaK89
    KeishaK89 Posts: 40
    Options
    BIO-OIL AND TANNING HELP

lol. talking in caps is funny..:tongue:

best of luck!
  • submarinewife07
    Options
    I went to school to be an esthitician(skin therapist)..and the best thing I've found when I was pregnant was bio oil. It's completely natural and has many good vitamins in it that is really good for your skin. It's noncomogenic which means it has the same ph balance as your skin so it won't irritate or cause redness. I didn't start using it until the end of my pregnancy but it's completely gotten rid of the redness and made the white stretch marks smaller..it's not a miracle but it's pretty darn close. Best time to apply it is right after you've taken a shower because the steam opens your pores plus you don't need a lot of it and lasts forever..i still have the same bottle and my daughter is now 20 months. It also helps with the itchiness the stretch marks can cause.lol. You'll start seeing a difference within a few weeks. It usually costs 20 but Walgreens has a generic brand for $12.
    If you want fast results I would say a spray tan would work best..regular tanning can make it worse by drying your skin out and making them look worse in the long run. Hope this helps :-)
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Truthful answer: Tummy Tuck.

But you trade one set of scars for another.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Truthful answer: Tummy Tuck.

But you trade one set of scars for another.

several stretch marks or cut them off and live with one small thin line no one can see......................hmmmm i take the line.:smokin:
    saggy stretchmark skin is skin. not muscle i agree with ^- BUT its up to you and what you can live with.
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The thing that firstly needs to be said is - GOOD ON YOU!! You lost more than you gained, which is truly a feat with such a young child. You are one of the miraculous few who are disciplined enough or genetically blessed enough to achieve this. And I can't add anything more about your stretch marks that has already been said. They will fade, and continue fading for as long as two years after giving birth. Some chicks are fortunate enough to not have stretch marks, but those of us who do find that they kind of increase with each child.

Probably the kids are worth the cringe-factor in bikinis, but as I have repeatedly said to my son (now 20) "when you turn 21, you have been out of home and not doing anything to piss me off or need discipline for, I will turn up on your doorstep and beat you black and blue as thanks for my stretch marks". He thinks I'm kidding!! Bless. For those of you who are slightly horrified and unsure of my crazy and warped Aussie humour - I AM kidding, but the years of threats have helped me laugh about the scars.
  • meowmily
    meowmily Posts: 85
    Options
    Nature's Aid. Only thing that worked for me. That stuff is miraculous when it comes to anything skin-related.
  • helenlp83
    helenlp83 Posts: 67
    Options
    I know it's not the answer you want to hear but you can't get rid of them. My daughter is now 8 months and I'm now back to pre pregnancy weight but still have 3 stone to go to hit my goal weight. I have stretch marks all over my sides (love handles) and the tops of my thighs caused by pregnancy and you know what.....I'm proud of my stretch marks......they were caused by my beautiful daughter! :wink:
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Mederma Really Helps Fade Them.. I have only used the Regular brand, but they also have one made for Stretch Marks Now.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Thank genetics. They'll fade over time. Mine were very deep and very purple within a few weeks of my first pregnancy. I'm 3 years post partum from my final child and they're almost faded completely. They're still there though, and run from ribcage to hip bone vertically and cover my entire stomach. My skin sucks, basically.

Give it time, they'll fade. Short of surgery to remove them, they'll never "go away"

Edited to add: I have a picture in my profile of me laying on the beach, you can see the faint white lines on my tummy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!