Sparkle Water??

Options
I was getting a bottle of water and I realized all the other bottles of sparkle water I have that I have not drunk because I joined here. Is it safe to drink on a weight loss plan? I was thinking not because of the carbonation? I ask because occasionally I like to just have a small cup of it.

Replies

• emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's fine! Just check the label, most sparkling waters (unless they're flavoured or sweetened) are calorie-free. I love sparkling water, it keeps me away from pop.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You mean un-flavoured sparkling water (mineral water, soda water?)

I think it's a great thing, I regularly drink plain soda water with a slice of lemon when I go to the pub, usually every second drink in between a beer or a cider.

If does have a bit of sodium in it, so if you are tracking sodium you should log it, but it doesn't have any calories.
  • ericcanute
    ericcanute Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well the sparkling water I have is flavored and is sugar/sodium/calorie free.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I drink it all the time. I had a SodaStream, so I carbonate my own water and add a few drops of essential oil (grapefruit, tangerine, or citrus fresh). The kind I used to buy at the store was expensive and had high sodium, so my hubby recommended we bought the machine. Best. Purchase. Ever.
  • ericcanute
    Options
    I drink it all the time. I had a SodaStream, so I carbonate my own water and add a few drops of essential oil (grapefruit, tangerine, or citrus fresh). The kind I used to buy at the store was expensive and had high sodium, so my hubby recommended we bought the machine. Best. Purchase. Ever.
    Well I had seen the commercials and saw it in the store and thought "that looks so cool to have at home." I just didn't know if it was reliable or if it has a nice taste when you made stuff with it.
  • diverdiza
    diverdiza Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sodastream .... Best. Purchase. Ever.
    I have had mine for around 10 years and its still going strong.
    I don't add any flavors because I don't like the sweetness just the bubbles.
    When I go away from home and have to buy sparkling water I cry at the cost difference..
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That is the nice thing about this lifestyle. It teaches good habits, but everything in moderation is OK, I think. I do not deprive myself of the things I love. I have been having a craving for a Bonnie Lynn cookie and yesterday I broke down and gave in. These cookies are so yummy, they are a shortbread cookie covered in an icing glaze and then they decorate them with buttercream frosting! Yummy! Similar to the Busken smiley face cookies if anyone is familiar with them.

Anyway, yes I believe it is OK for you to have the spakle water if you desire to have one.
  • ericcanute
    Options
    That is the nice thing about this lifestyle. It teaches good habits, but everything in moderation is OK, I think. I do not deprive myself of the things I love. I have been having a craving for a Bonnie Lynn cookie and yesterday I broke down and gave in. These cookies are so yummy, they are a shortbread cookie covered in an icing glaze and then they decorate them with buttercream frosting! Yummy! Similar to the Busken smiley face cookies if anyone is familiar with them.

Anyway, yes I believe it is OK for you to have the spakle water if you desire to have one.
    Well I read somewhere that it is good to have a little bit of something when you are craving it because eventually you will just do it anyways and you'll have a large quantity verses a small portion.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Carbonation has no calories. (No nutritional content either.) Just check what else is in it. Sometimes lots of calories are added or other ingredients, such as artificial sweeteners, that may cause problems for some people.

I've seen lots of ideas for good things to drink and collected them at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/water-265761
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    No problem with sparkling water :) As everyone else has said, just check the label carefully, but usually they are at 0 calories.

The only reason I'd say don't drink them is the chemicals they use to flavour them - doesn't bother me massively but if you are after a strictly clean diet they're not ideal.

Of course, choosing sparkling water over soda is always the right thing to do!!