PCOS

Options
Hi all,

I'm Martha, 2 weeks ago I found out I had PCOS. Looking to make more friends with PCOS who understand this.

Replies

• karilynn56
    Options
    Hi there!
    I have PCOS too and have found a few things that work. Exercise every day whether it's just 20 minutes of walking or swimming.
    Take supplements. You'll have to find out what works with your body but I take chromium to help with sugar cravings, d-chiro-insitol I recently started and it's changing my life. I take lots of others but those two work the best for me.

http://pcosfaq.com/
    This website has a lot of great information. There is also a great message board for pcos/weight loss support on 3fatchicks.com
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/

Eating a low carb, high protein diet helps too. Good luck!
  • shaynesimeona09
    Options
    Hey there! I have PCOS too :) I found out 2 years ago when I had just turned 18. Finding it sooo hard to lose weight though.. still trying to keep the weight down.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have PCOS. Feel free to add me. I found out about 2 years ago now.

Happy to be a support, feel free to look at my diary etc.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Hi! There are a couple of PCOS groups on MFP too! I think I have PCOS, Dr seemed a little sketchy on the diagnosis so I have to get a second opinion. Feel free to send me a FR!
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I found out 10 years ago that I have PCOS. Please feel free to add me.
  • 2012AMB
    2012AMB Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there, I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009. I'm looking for frieds on MFP to help keep me motivated and throw me some new ideas to help with waitloss and TTC!
  • SearsHouse89
    Options
    Dx with PCOS when I was about 15, and I am now 23. I did find that low carb diet worked GREAT for me, but am trying something different now that is more of a variety of foods. I got tired of eating beef jerky all the time...haha. Feel free to add me, and best of luck on your journey!
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I suspect that I have PCOS and have for some time. I have an appointment with my doc in September but in the mean time am trying to lower processed foods and carbs and do some type of exercise most days. Based on my online research, this appears to be the easiest/best way to treat PCOS without meds. Just started using MFP last week (although apparently I joined the site at some point a long time ago). Am enjoying being able to track carbs as well as calories. Feel free to add me!
  • bella071
    Options
    I was diagnosed when I was 17 (am 22 now). It has affected almost every part of my life in some way, shape, or form, and until recently, I have been unable (or unwilling, either one) to deal with it. My body has taken a beating in the past few years haha, so I am still learning what works and what doesn't. Any PCOS friends would be appreciated. :)
  • Chellebell2012
    Chellebell2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I was diagnosed in 2006 although i have suffered with gynae problems since i was 11 (now 32). Ironically i am having my first period of 2012 at the moment, before i wasnt getting them at all so i guess something is happening now. The suspected endometriosis when i was 13 but never told me until i read my notes some 18 years later!

I struggle to keep my weight off. I have stayed at my current weight +/- 7lb for 10 years now but only through very strict control over my diet. I also have IBS which doesnt help. I understand sugar is thy enemy and its a constant battle.

Any tips we can give each other along the way would be great.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    PCOS over here. My tweezers are glued to my fingers I'm sure my fellow PCOS'ers know what I'm talking about. Always looking for supportive MFP'er friends.
  • fabicaceres
    Options
    Hola me entere hace un año que tengo SOP actualmente estoy siendo tratada con Glisulin, y es por eso que estoy tratando de bajar 8 lbs favor todas unamonos para llevar una vida mejor
  • yammy4
    yammy4 Posts: 8
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I self diagnosed at 15, and was officially diagnosed 5 years ago at 19. Supplements are a great help! I'll have to find a couple links to share with you in a bit. Sending you a friend request as well. :)
  • constantchaos05
    constantchaos05 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PCOS over here. My tweezers are glued to my fingers I'm sure my fellow PCOS'ers know what I'm talking about. Always looking for supportive MFP'er friends.

This made me LOL!!! I have had PCOS for over 9 years ...when they do that really fun ultra sound the DR said your o's look like chocolate chip cookies....I wanted to say I love cookies..lol Feel free to add me!!!
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    pcos here too :(

willing to make friends with anyone and talk about things (=
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    yep, me too!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yep me too! Feel free to add me!

I've found whenever I start a new program the weight FLYS off... but after about 2 months of the same I start to gain again.

I'm DETERMINED to lose this weight WITHOUT medication. So... like you, any support is greatly appreciated as well as suggestions :-)

Right now for supplements I currently take:

Fish Oil, Flax Seed, Multivitamin, Pro-vitamin, L-carnitine
  • PandaDreamerGurl
    Options
    I'm not sure if I have PCOS. The doctors I've been too haven't been very helpful. Hoping the next one is. But from what I've read on PCOS, it's likely I am.
  • PGerambia
    Options
    Ive never been officially diagnosed with PCOS but it was suspected by my dr. then i lost my health insurance and couldnt get officially diagnosed. I have every symptom though. I would love to talk with more of you who have PCOS about your symptoms and what helps them. Please feel free to add me so we can chat and keep each other motivated :)