protein

Hey everyone, can some one please give me some more info on protein is it a good thing to have it in your diet and does it matter if you too much?
I keep going over my protein goal each day and Im not sure what to do about it or if it really matters to much

Replies

• EbilPixie
    EbilPixie Posts: 1
    Well if you too much protein your metabolism and kidney can go in over time and eventually wear down. But, you need a good protein source but I don't exactly how much though.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    If your macro levels are still set at MFP's default %, then I would not worry about going over.... It is rather low... I changed mine. to me, I shoot for at least 100g protein a day....

Also, yes protein is good... it is what helps build muscle!!
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    You should aim for at least 1 gram per lb of body weight. If you weight train, 1.5g /lb. Make sure they are lean protein sources to get the most benefit out of it.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Getting too much protein would be really difficult unless you had some kind of medical issue. Protein is an essential nutrient for maintaining and growing muscle. MFP sets protein pretty low for some reason. Most stuff that I have read says women should try to get .5-1 gram per pound of lean body weight in protein. If you are staying under that, Im sure you are fine and you may want to change your daily protein goal so that it shows a larger number more in line with what you are getting.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    I try to get at least one good dose daily, but the best days are when I can get it in multiple servings. .

NO such thing as too much.
  • AmandaJade9
    AmandaJade9 Posts: 118 Member
    Thanks everyone was a big help :)