Don't "see" the difference

Options
thisisjl
thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
Ok I'm not sure how to upload pictures on here to put them in posts like some people do, but I need an outside pair of eyes PLEASE. In my pictures in my profile I've uploaded a picture with a blue top and shorts from 2008 and a picture from today in a what my kids call peacock shirt ;-) I've lost 39 pounds but looking at these pictures I don't see the difference. I don't know if it's just me or what. I would like some honest feed back from strangers who don't want to just make me feel better I guess family says they see the difference but they are obligated to say that I feel. I don't know having one of those days and could use some support.

Replies

• jakiram
    jakiram Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference - people close to us see us everyday so it´s hard for them to notice the difference. I´m sure that you also feel the difference in your clothes and how you feel. In the picture´s your posture has changed and you carry yourself much "lighter". Keep up the good results and enjoy your hard work!
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    yes I see a big difference!!
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    oh yeah... significant diff!
  • thisisjl
    Options
    See I know there is a difference because I've had to go down in pants and shirt sizes, I know there is a difference because the scale tells me so, I know there is a difference because I feel stronger from working with the weights at the gym. I just can't see it I think in my head I still see pre weight loss me in every picture.
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    See I know there is a difference because I've had to go down in pants and shirt sizes, I know there is a difference because the scale tells me so, I know there is a difference because I feel stronger from working with the weights at the gym. I just can't see it I think in my head I still see pre weight loss me in every picture.

I promise you I can SEE a definite difference! :smile: I'd recommend taking pics every so often (I've been doing so roughly once a month) in form fitting clothes (the same clothes if possible) and then line them up (I do it in MS Paint but it's probably easier with something like photoshop) ... try to keep the sizes of the images the same (MSPaint will let you resize)... it has helped me a lot doing this because I don't see the difference just looking at myself, either. in fact I tend to "feel" fatter just looking at myself in the mirror when I'm losing weight, for some reason :( but lining up the pics helps me see that I am losing fat and exactly where... I put them on my profile if you want to look and see how mine look to get an idea... I keep them there so I can look at them when I need motivation :smile:
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    you definitely look a lot thinner in the green!
  • thisisjl
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Agree. very obvious significant difference. Even considering the first picture is front on and the 2nd is side on. Bet the difference between 2 side on pics would be even more noticeable. Well done on your hard work