anyone know any really good stomach exercises

Options
hi,

I'm really crap at sit ups, i'm not sure why but i never feel as though i'm doing them right, i got some really good advice on here about toning my arms and i'm already seeing a difference, so wondered if anyone knows any really affective stomach toning exercises.

Or dos anyone know of any good videos or anything that show how to do a sit up properly, or the best type. I can never feel it on my stomach when i do them it just seems to hurt my back! i must be doing it totally wrong. I'd like one really affective exercise i could fit in everyday as part of my overall routine.

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• lippy1727
    lippy1727 Posts: 53
    Options
    Have you tried Hula Hooping??
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Hanging leg raises, dragon flags, planks, woodchops, Russian twists.
  • sweetgeek793
    Options
    some of the ones i like are on this link, doesn't need to be a medicine ball works well with a football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD9x_va2M64
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The point in the medicine ball In these exercIses is that it is a weight, added resistance. So a dumbbell or a bottle of water would be a better substitute.
  • konalove3
    konalove3 Posts: 79
    Options
    leg throws, bicycle twists, and vertical leg crunches (the reach for the toes kind) are my favorite. you can youtube practically any exercise for an example. gotta love that youtube :wink:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    All types of crunches are my favourite - standard, reverse, bicycle, squirm crunch etc. But from your post it looks like you are struggling to get your form right? I've got chronic neck problems so use an ab roller (the Everlast one from Argos - currently about £20). It puts you in exactly the right position to do some of the standard crunch moves (eyes looking up to the ceiling, that tight burn in your abs but no neck pain).

Once you have used one you can feel where your body should be to do the more complex crunches without the ab roller. Most gyms have them too (or you could check out eBay for Freecycle for a cheap second hand one). Some days I do the crunches without the roller, but every couple of weeks or so I use it again just to get a really good ab workout.