Low calorie wine - any good?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone had tried low calorie wine? I like to have a couple of drinks at the weekend and it would be nice to know that its not so calorific!

Has anyone tried some of the different brands available and are they actually any good?!

Thanks in advance

Replies

• LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Stowells is pretty good. It's lower cal than the weight watchers stuff and I think it tastes better. If you add soda water it lasts longer and added bonus you dont get the rotten hangovers. I know we all know that we should drink in moderation but if you want to get hammered best bet is vodka with diet mixer. A 125ml glass of stowells is only 60 calories, btw , which is much better than most other things . xxx
  • ladymember
    Options
    White Zinfandel is at 160 calories for a 8 ounce glass. Even the weight watchers brand is.

A Corona Light beer is 99 calories for 12 ounces. Great with a wedge of lime.
    A Miller Lite beer is 96 calories for 12 ounces.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Banrock Station do a Rose and White wine which is 56 cals for a 125ml glass. I've tried the Rose and it is lovely! First Cape do a white wine and I've heard its not very pleasant!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I wasn't aware that there was a low calorie wine. I have not seen Stowells. Do you know where it can be purchased?
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I like Meadow Brook (Sainsburys) and Silver Bay Point (Tesco) also had Botany Bay.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've seen the Skinny Girl brand in the store but havent tried it yet.
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Like most things, I prefer going for the good stuff, but less often. Lower calorie substitutes make me resent the whole programme and make me miserable. The only trouble is moderation with wine!
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I wasn't aware that there was a low calorie wine. I have not seen Stowells. Do you know where it can be purchased?
    I live in the UK , it's easily found here but I have no idea about the US sorry xx
  • slappywags37
    Options
    weight watchers white wine is pretty nice and fruity, but it does have less alcohol content.
    What i usually do is drink my favorite wine but only half the amount and top them up with diet 7 up to make spritzers!
  • Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Like most things, I prefer going for the good stuff, but less often. Lower calorie substitutes make me resent the whole programme and make me miserable. The only trouble is moderation with wine!

I agree - drink the good stuff, but less often and you appreciate it more, lose weight and consume less units which has got to be better for you. :)
  • christyw62
    christyw62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    weight watchers white wine is pretty nice and fruity, but it does have less alcohol content.
    What i usually do is drink my favorite wine but only half the amount and top them up with diet 7 up to make spritzers!
  • christyw62
    christyw62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Real Sangria, the brand has only 65 cal a glass and is really good tasting!