HI, New to site

Options
Hi, I'm Becky. I just turned 30 a few days ago and am not feeling to good about myself. This past year I've gained back 20 pounds of the 35 or so i had previously lost. I was feeling so great on my 29th birthday, I was the thinnest i'd ever been and feeling better than ever. Shortly after i found out i was getting laid off from my job of 9 years and kind of just lost ambition to eat right. I was depressed and stressed and worried and food is my medicine. Hence the 20 pounds.
But, I decided to go back to school full time and am getting into the routine and it's time i got control of my eating again. I'm taking a weight lifting class that's helping get the excersize in but i need major help controling my snacking.
I did it before and i can do it again, My first goal is to lose the 20 I've gained and then maybe another 10 or 15, to bring me down to around 150. The charts say i should weigh under 135 but i'm not even gonna think about that right now. 150 will be wonderful.

Wish me luck.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    *highfive* I turned 30 this year too. People born in '79 are the coolest. Now that I've had my dork moment for this hour, welcome! I swear fat is like a ninja. Sneak up, hides on ya, and one day *wham* jumps out at ya. We'll try to keep ya entertained here so you'll keep coming back. :wink:
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! You will like this site, I have used it in the past and here I am back again!:flowerforyou: