Cars with seats for people with back issues

Options
My BF is looking for a new car. He is 50 and and has lumbar problems. He's dealing with a chiropractor right now for back pain. He has a car with the 'eggshell' type bucket seats but is looking to trade it in for something new. If we drive anywhere for an extended period of time, I drive my Jeep because his car makes both of our backs ache.

Do you know of decent vehicles that have seats with good lumbar support in them? Please give your recommendations!

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I looked at everything for same issue- couldn't find anything. Ended up with a Subaru that I can keep back straight. Heated seats help a lot and a good old mini pillow filled with rice/seeds.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine just got a fancy schmancy Volvo that has massage in the front seats as wells heating and cooling.

I want one of those!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    My F150 was horrible for my back. I recently traded it for a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I don't have to use my lumbar support in the car anymore.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using an Obus Forme, that may significantly broaden the range of suitable vehicles.