Apple picking before and after photos:

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    What is really on my heart tonight, is that you and Beth have changed the course of your son's lives. This is what makes me cry. You will be coaching their little league games, running with them for football plays, teaching them how to bike and run just like daddy.

What was a life of unhealthy habits is now a running/jumping/ size 8 wearin' life of happiness!!

:heart: I love you guys:heart:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

Thanks Jeannie,

Funny you mention learning habits. I went to the Dr. for a check up this past week. And I am sad to admit it was the first time in over 10 YEARS that I have gone to see a Dr. I told him about the weight I have lost and that my wife and I have decieded to take better care of ourselves and that is why I had come to see him. I wanted to know what damage I had done and see if I had any issues. Well when we discussed my medical history I told him that I have been obese for mose of my life and he said "Does obesity run in your family?" and I said, "Doc, if the last 10 months have taught me anything it's that BAD HABITS run in my family." Genetics has nothing to do with it. He seemed very pleased with that response. Well I am waiting get my bloodwork done but he told me that my blood pressure was awesome and that my muscle tone was on par some some athletes that come to his practice. Turns out he is into Triathlon so we got to shop talking and he gave me some great tips for my swimming. Anyway, the point is...Bad habits don't run in this family anymore.

:drinker:

High five bud!! And the Lord puts us right where we need to be, again!!:flowerforyou:
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Some serious words of wisdom I am in awe of what I have read(and seen).:smile:
    What is really on my heart tonight, is that you and Beth have changed the course of your son's lives. This is what makes me cry. You will be coaching their little league games, running with them for football plays, teaching them how to bike and run just like daddy.

What was a life of unhealthy habits is now a running/jumping/ size 8 wearin' life of happiness!!

:heart: I love you guys:heart:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

Thanks Jeannie,

Funny you mention learning habits. I went to the Dr. for a check up this past week. And I am sad to admit it was the first time in over 10 YEARS that I have gone to see a Dr. I told him about the weight I have lost and that my wife and I have decieded to take better care of ourselves and that is why I had come to see him. I wanted to know what damage I had done and see if I had any issues. Well when we discussed my medical history I told him that I have been obese for mose of my life and he said "Does obesity run in your family?" and I said, "Doc, if the last 10 months have taught me anything it's that BAD HABITS run in my family." Genetics has nothing to do with it. He seemed very pleased with that response. Well I am waiting get my bloodwork done but he told me that my blood pressure was awesome and that my muscle tone was on par some some athletes that come to his practice. Turns out he is into Triathlon so we got to shop talking and he gave me some great tips for my swimming. Anyway, the point is...Bad habits don't run in this family anymore.

:drinker:
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wow just when I felt worn and tired. Reading your words"The year will pass I can be a better man or not change at all". Lifted my spirit. After seeing this I know I will continue full steam ahead. You Rock Fella You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kissinthedark
    Options
    :noway:

Wow!!!

That's insane! You are amazing!! =) And such an inspiration.... Congrats!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You're so inspiring!
    Thank you for sharing your success with us.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    And those little ones are pretty cute, too! :bigsmile:
  • pillboy
    Options
    well done my friend truly well done
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yeah, as everyone said, you ROCK! I hope all that hard work you've put in over the year makes apple picking and life easier and more enjoyable!
    :happy:
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!! Amazing! What an inspiration!
  • chickylet
    Options
    OMG, congrats, you look great. You are an inspiration.
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. I feel like this is taking forever, but i know its working. slow and steady wins the race i guess. Thank you for the motivation!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Thank you Andrew. There are some days when I feel I need a good kick in the butt. I fall into lazy habits and don't want to go to the gym or I feel I really want a piece of that cake that some butthead brought into the office.

When I see you and hear your story, I give myself a kick in the rear and know that it is possible. I, too, forget how far I have come. And I sure don't want to do a return trip!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Thank you for sharing.

You look great!
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Excellent response to the doctor :wink: What an inspiration and if only "others" could learn from you. I myself saw a clip on World News tonight about an 84 year old nun who run marathons. I thought, "Shame on you, Eva! She's 84 years old, go out there and work out!". Now you and your wife are MY inspirators :love: :love: :love: :love:

Keep up the good work/out, healthy eating, and blessings!
  • Butta
    Options
    Congrats... BTW, you are a hottie! lol.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I can't get over those pictures!!!!!!!! What a huge difference! You look amazing! thank you so much for sharing those!!!!!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing! I'm going to the gym today. :laugh:

Thanks for the inspiration I didn't know I needed!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You amaze me!!! I am as impressed with all your race times as I am the pictures- You are incredible!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    WOW!! :drinker: Good for you! Keep up the good work :wink: And it's nice to see you're aware of my favorite rule... Red Sox attire is extra slimming (as opposed to those god-awful pin stripes:sick: ) :laugh:

Ok - first, congratulations on the change! That is incredible! Second... the above post cracked me up and I couldn't agree more!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! You look AMAZING!!! Very handsome, and about 10 years younger! You can see real definition in your chest - you must be very proud!
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!