How long have you held onto your skinny clothes?

Options
tppchef
tppchef Posts: 107 Member
Just wondering if you have as much fun digging into those old boxes. Please share how long your oldest item is!

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I have some from almost 4 years ago, most I thought I'd thrown out. They were in a bag, and I will wear them again! Soon!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    i have items from 10 years ago.
    I threw out a TON of cute clothes in a fit of post pregnancy madness and wish I never had.

When you are 200 you never expect to see 120 again
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I kept one pair of jeans from before my son was born back in 2003. A pair of button fly American Eagles... they were the first ever size 14 non stretch jeans that I was able to wear EVER. I cried the day that I got back into them, and actually shed a bit of a tear when I tried them on last week and they were getting a bit too loose!!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have just one skirt from 8 years ago... It was the skirt I wore on my first date with my husband... I really would like to get back into it.
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well....I eloped and wasted a $2400 wedding dress. Wore a pair of jeans and tee shirt I had from 1995.

In Jan of 2011 I could get them UP all the way and almost buttoned. Now I can't get them past my calves.

In a year from a size 3-4 to a 16-18.... if I can get into some 17 yr old jeans..I'm tearing up already :')

That's the only thing I think I've kept. I'll never get rid of them.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I kept all my jeans from college. So, 10 years. They are all too big now. Which sort of bums me out since I held onto them for so long.
  • ahulse23
    ahulse23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I bought a dress 4 or 5 years ago to wear to an ex-boyfriend's friend's wedding. The dress was 2 sizes too small, but I was losing weight so I thought it would look good for the summer. Broke up with the guy, wedding never happened, and I stopped losing weight. Fast forward to Wednesday of this week when I was looking in the back of my closet for something to wear to work (since nothing really fits anymore) and I found this gorgeous blue dress. I tried it on, it looked great, so I finally cut the tags off (while still wearing the dress lol). Got lots of compliments :)
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love to "shop" in my attic and now that I can fit into so much more, it is even more fun!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I had a blast trying them on then putting them straight into the Goodwill bag. Unfortunately for me they were mostly work clothes from what I like to call a "previous life" I was fortunate enough to stop at that size again only momentarily!!!

I have a pair of jeans from 20yrs ago that I want to wear proudly again one day though!!!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I have jeans form about 10yrs ago. They are my get too goal. I also have other nice jeans/pants and tops in every size since.
    Once I'm out of bigger clothing they go to salvation army.....but I just can't part with skinny (er) clothes.
    They are a reminder that i can do it.:wink:
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I just got rid of skinny clothes from 5 years ago. Not way old but I didn't put on my weight until my second child. I just got rid of them because I assume they are outdated and not really me anymore. lol
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I've got some from the 1980's
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    My mum is holding on to one of the first pair of jeans I had from high school. But I was fat then... so this response is a reverse to the actual question lol
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    The oldest and smallest outfit is from 1996. I'm going to fit back into it one day, even if I end up looking like Doug Heffernan in his out-of-style acid-wash jeans.
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Highschool :blushing: And I WILL fit into those pants again, so help me God!!!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I own nothing old. Every season I donate my clothes to 3rd world countries. I've done it since I was 16, I am 29 now.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    my favorite pair of jeans from high school! about 5 years ago was the last time I wore them!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i still have some from middle school hahaha i fit into them after my first kid so i still have it after the second and can't wait to put them on again.. some things i have kept just to have as "goal" clothes, but may never actually wear it again, and will give it away once i can fit into it.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I don't have any skinny clothes. I had been right around the 305 weight for well over a decade now. In High school and college, I was running 275, so the clothes I still had I still fit in. So as I continue dropping weight, I will have to buy a all new wardrobe. I've already had to chunk a bunch of stuff, but I can still wear some of my old "tight" clothes. Right now, i'm beginning to look like I am starting to swim in my clothes. I think the Mrs. will probably make me go out and buy some new stuff within the next week or so.
  • LizJ08
    LizJ08 Posts: 127
    Options
    I had some pants and jeans given to me by a friend that were too small but so cute that I thought I'd hang onto them. I know people say not to hang onto clothes that are too small because it's discouraging, but I hid them away in my closet and I'm glad I did, because I needed them and now they're too big and I was able to pass them along to another friend!