+5lbs in one week

Options
Hey guys, I usually weigh myself every saturday, but i couldnt help it and weighed myself this morning only because i felt like i ate good and i exercised alot this week, riding just under 100 miles since monday and i had 2 big lift days so far. the only difference from this week than the past is i logged in my exercise calories and i ate most of them back. I feel like my clothes fit so much better but the scale reads +5lbs! thats crazy! in one week! and im not constipated, infact im pretty regular. i drink alot of water and i sweat alot so i dont think my salt intake is holding my water in.
what do you guys think is going on?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Your muscles are holding water - this is done in order for them to repair themselves after all the exercise you've done. Take a rest day and weigh yourself again. Your number should go down.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I usually weigh myself every saturday, but i couldnt help it and weighed myself this morning only because i felt like i ate good and i exercised alot this week, riding just under 100 miles since monday and i had 2 big lift days so far. the only difference from this week than the past is i logged in my exercise calories and i ate most of them back. I feel like my clothes fit so much better but the scale reads +5lbs! thats crazy! in one week! and im not constipated, infact im pretty regular. i drink alot of water and i sweat alot so i dont think my salt intake is holding my water in.
    what do you guys think is going on?

Unless you have eaten 3,500 x 5 = 17,500 extra calories, OVER maintenance, then it's not fat.

It could be a number of things, but most likely water retention as your muscles hold water when they are repairing, and if you have increased your carbs this week there will be some water retention from the glycogen replenishment.

If your clothes are fitting better, then make sure you are taking measurements regularly, as you could still be losing fat, and it could be obscured by the water weight within.

Stick at it. :flowerforyou:
  • jamaljohar
    jamaljohar Posts: 55
    Options
    Ya theres no way i ate that many calories over. I never went over my calories for losing weight. my muscles do feel alot stronger and i did increase my carbs a bit cuz i started eating a bit more fruit than usual. thanks for your help guys i appreciate it