How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I weigh myself every day. First thing in the morning before my coffee. I find that it keeps me on track and aware of where I am in my own personal program. When I fall off and stop doing this I balloon back up. My mother never weighs herself but instead relies on how her clothes fit. I figure todays clothing is all full of spandex and can accommodate an easy 20 lb gain with out much notice. What do you think?

Replies

• mummytummybyebye
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but 'im a recovering Binge eater and it helps me to keep myself on the right track.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i agree, and i too weigh myself daily. I like to know how my body reacts to certain foods....... this wa i also keep on track as i didn't have a scale for so long and that is how i gained the weight. if i had a scale i would of stopped it before hand and did something about it. It wasn't till my clothes were really snug and i had to go up another size that made me realize i had put on 20 lbs..
  • mangopeachgum
    Options
    I weigh myself daily as well. Weight fluctuates a couple pounds day to day, so you end up seeing a general trend down (we hope). Also, it lets you know if you've eaten too much the day before.

Personally, I don't rely on clothes. I feel much more confident when I'm thinner than hiding behind fabric. But, to each his own. :smile:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Once a week, either saturday, sunday morning. If I'm at camp it has to wait until monday moring. I took my beginning weight on my scale at home moved over to "that" part of the bathroom tile so that's my baseline. Any other weighing is "unofficial"
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning before I eat and without a stich of clothing.

I will sometimes weigh myself mid week to see how im doing
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh once a week on a wednesday morning, after my first trip to the bathroom. now and again i will take a sneaky look halfway through the week to see if there has been any movement . but generally i find once aweek is best for me.
  • Brookeshg
    Brookeshg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have gained 80 + lbs being pregnant for two years and I had poor eating habits. I started weighing myself daily. I recently started emotionally eating due to the scale so my husband challenged me to not weigh myself all summer. Go by how I feel. This is going to be soo different for me but may help.
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every day, but sometimes wish that I did not. If I could just wait to do it once a week, I would avoid those occasional days when, for no reason I know of, I gain half a pound instead of showing a loss. It's very de-motivating to me.
  • AeriykTheRed
    AeriykTheRed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. Mostly because I know the day that I may slip(friends wanting to go out for drinks). It works as a constant reminder of what I am trying to accomplish.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Every couple of days, but I don't freak out when I fluctuate.
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I used to weight daily like many people, but that sorta discourage me. I love seeing results when I go on the scale and unfortunately, weighing daily wouldn't always let me see some results.

Now I'm weighting once a week, on the friday morning. I weight naked, just after going to the toilet and just before eating or showering. I think this is the best time to weight since I usually make much more healthy choices during the week!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I weight myself wayyyy too much. I know I shouldn't because weight fluctuates daily, but I do it anyway! I'm trying to kick the habit. I might have to start hiding the scale.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Daily, naked, after I pee and shower.
    It helps me be honest with myself.
  • CarrieR3
    CarrieR3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily .I find it helps keep me on track .
  • Civeng1
    Civeng1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Daily routine after showering. I expect fluctuations a bit up or down, but when I have a bad eating day and it shows up on the scale in the morning, it helps me tweak my calories to stay on a weekly program.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    A minimum of 12 times a day. First thing in the morning, after everytime I eat, everytime I potty, before bed, with and without clothes.........
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Every day after restroom stop. Keeping daily numbers allows me to see trends and patterns in the progress reports.
  • star0207
    star0207 Posts: 21
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every day, but sometimes wish that I did not. If I could just wait to do it once a week, I would avoid those occasional days when, for no reason I know of, I gain half a pound instead of showing a loss. It's very de-motivating to me.

i totally agree with you... I'm the same way..
    I'm think I'm gonna start weight myself 1-2 times a week. Although its hard to not get on that scale daily... wanting to see if the numbers on the scale are proof of your hard work. but like you said.. when the #'s stay the same its discouraging.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week for tracking purposes. I occasionally will get on the scale at the end of a day to see where I stand with food vs weighing early in the mornings. I also weigh daily during my hormonal week because it is interesting how much water I retain during this time.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once/week because I don't think I want to know everyday. I don't want it to influence my daily routine. Yeah, once/week is enough for me.