Any 30+ year olds looking to lose 10-20 lbs?

Options
I'm new to MFP and looking for some support. Diary is open and I've been logging consistently. Please add me :)

My story is pretty simple. Never been overly overweight but never been fit or healthy either. Looking to work on the health (slowly adding exercise) and lose some weight while doing so. In the week that I've been doing this I'm finding myself more excited about life already and thankful for the discovery of this tool!

Replies

• jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi, Michelle!
    I have never been overweight and have been running for the last 16 years, HOWEVER, I LOVE food! So I'm trying to get a hold on moderation and healthier choices. I'm getting married in October and would love to drop 8-10 lbs for the big day. Maybe we could help each other out!
    -Jamey
  • michelle2482
    michelle2482 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes please! I wish I would have know about MFP when I was gearing up to our wedding. I am sure my efforts to drop a few pounds before would have been a lot more successful! Congrats on your upcoming big day!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thanks! What are your goals? My weakness is in the food department... lately I have been doing REALLY well thanks to P90X but I still have days that I just go nuts! My strength is exercise (my fiance is also a personal trainer), so if you have any questions let me know!
  • SME1976
    SME1976 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle!

I too looking to drop 25lbs when i joined MFP... I am down 22 and looking forward to maintenance. I have learned a lot from MPF. i am sending you a friend request. if you need any advice. please ask!
  • Nsaem
    Nsaem Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Add me? Let's get it done!
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    I have lost several pounds but have about 20 more to go. Best of luck to everyone!
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    Dito!!!! =)
  • JenG_2011
    JenG_2011 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amen!! Need to lose 10 more pounds here.. So much harder after 30. :( Feel free to add me so we can inspire each other!
  • mavron
    mavron Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, I'm looking to lose 10 lbs.i think i eat (and drink!) too much for my body type so i havent lost a single pound despite regular excercise routine for past 3-4 months. im definitely stronger and have built muscle, but am past the point where i should be shedding some pounds and i am eager to finally see some results. i lost twenty pounds last year due to a life stressor situation and put it all back on slowly. had to buy an entire new wardrobe that now no longer fits me! i know my body can be thinner, but this time im ready to get just 10 pounds back off with a healthy long term approach.
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request :-) I'm nearly 32 and I'm working to lose a total of 23 pounds. I've lost 7 so far and learned a whole lot from MFP. My food and exercise diary is public, so feel free to look.
  • michelle2482
    michelle2482 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for the adds! I'm overwhelmed with them already. I should say that my preference is for buddies with their diaries open. I find that this kind of connection helps me more! Best of luck to you all.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you! Especially on the LOVING food thing. I'm 35 with 2 kids and have about 25 lbs to lose. But I'm really more concerned about getting fit and healthy.
  • Cheeessseee
    Options
    15 more to go for me! Lets rock this!
  • BzyTchr
    BzyTchr Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Michelle,
    I'm new to MFP too. I don't even have my picture up yet. My goal is to lose 20 pounds and I've lost 2 pounds so far. This is such a great tool! I would love to have a buddy for support. I'm a teacher and find that once the madness of the school year begins, I don't have as much time to plan good meals and end up eating on the fly. Not good! I don't want to fall back into that again this year. Feel free to add me and we can help each other out. Thanks!
    Kris
  • chill611
    chill611 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just turned thirty and I'm looking to loose about 12 pnds. I sent you a friend request. Anyone else please feel free to add me:)
  • kumitekg
    kumitekg Posts: 61
    Options
    I am definitely a few ++'s over 30 :-) and am looking to lose about 20 pounds. I am not overweight either, but have put on between 20-30 pounds in the last year or so and just don't feel comfortable. I have practiced karate for about 10 years and although I have kept it up, I had not really completely recovered and fully got back into serious training since breaking my wrist there a couple of years ago. So when I couldn't fit into any of my clothes any more, I decided enough is enough and it was time to take this seriously, pay more attention and get fit again. My kids are off visiting their dad out of province for the next month so I am really hoping to get a good head start on focusing on this ! Just tracking my food and exercise here and making me more aware of what I am eating is already making a difference ! MFP makes it so easy.

Please feel free to add me and good luck !
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I am 39.... still need to lose another 20.... I have already lost 20 so I am half way there!

I always would love new friends!
  • Maudlinvice
    Maudlinvice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :-) Literally turning 30 was an eye opener for me and the years that trickled after. I've always been a bit of a jiggly puff, but 30 made me a wee bit more SOLID. My body sure changed on me and it made me crack down and just exercise. I've never minded exercise, just the sweating or the time it takes out of my day. :-P Now I've turned that around and its a way of life! I hope for you, even simple exercise or moderation changes your life for the better.

Some of the random-est changes is how things taste. I am not a smoker, or particularly imbibe in any strange substance that inhibits ones ability for taste or smell, so I was rather surprised that I now notice the flavor of salt. I adore Asian foods which are salty, so no surprise that I've really lessened the amount of salt or shoyu i put in my food. I must admit though, for me soda (I occasionally drink diet soda) has acquired a very salty taste. If you have never noticed soda has quite a bit of sodium present. How's that for random~ Hehe.

I wish you all well and have fun~
  • INFJ
    INFJ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's me! Add me if you like :)
  • chelleRmcgrath
    Options
    I need to drop a few more than 10 - 20 but feel free to add me.