Fitbit Integration - Avoid double tracking

Options
I love how my Fitbit calorie burn is automatically added as “Fitbit calorie adjustment”. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to add an exercise into MFP, including time and calories, without double counting. Would I have to remove my Fitbit during the exercise I want to add manually? If so, that would throw off my total steps for the day.

Replies

• skingdon2
    skingdon2 Posts: 8
    Options
    Finally found the FAQ: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mike/view/integrate-your-fitbit-tracker-with-myfitnesspal-197688

"By entering the time you begin your cardio exercise, the calories burned, and the number of minutes you exercised, MyFitnessPal and fitbit.com can correctly reconcile your cardio exercise with the increased activity recorded by your Fitbit during that period of time. Without the start time and the minutes exercised, it is likely that your increased activity level would be accounted for twice: once when you log it on MyFitnessPal, and once when your Fitbit reports increased activity. Entering the start time ensures that your Net Calorie Goal is not adjusted twice for the same cardio workout. The exercise calories you log with MyFitnessPal will replace the calorie data estimated by your Fitbit for that period of time. "