PX90

Options
Looking for something to mix up my workout routine. Has anyone tried this?

Replies

• InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    absolutely love it.
    you will too.
    I am on my second round of it. It has changed me tremendously.
  • InTheMoney
    Options
    Looking for something to mix up my workout routine. Has anyone tried this?

If you follow the program, including the nutrition, you will see amazing changes.
    There are some little helpful tips to do some of the workouts.
    I'll be glad to help if you are going to do it.
  • jdcdrew
    Options
    Hi there, I actually am in my second week of P90X. Here's my quick story. About 5 years ago was in the best shape of my life, then quit smoking husband suffered a serious injury, moved half way across the US and went from an extremely fit size 6 at 134 pounds to my all time high in about 2 years....197. After losing 20 fast at a new job, and 10 more over the year, I finally decided to give the working out thing a try again. So, I actually had the Power 90 (the original) and forgot that I bought it a few years back. I did that for 8 weeks and really felt like I was getting bored and not seeing much improvement anymore. I did go from 170 to 162 in that time but I lost 4 inches off my waist and saw a lot of change in my figure...a lot of people noticed. I have been as low as 159 and find I balance between that and 162. But it's a plauteau and I know I will break it. So, I moved up to the P90X. I'm doing the lean version because I really want to lose weight and inches and even though I am overweight, I have to admit, I am really strong. My job involves a lot of lifting so I have a strong back and arms and an ok core. I love this whole routine because it is a different workout everyday. It's hard to get bored! I mean, I don't love them all especially the yoga but it's amazing how much better I am from doing it one time in week one to the one time in week 2. Even my 9 year old boy noticed how much better I did...and the fact that he noticed that motivated me more.

So if you try it, good luck and just keep it up! Best of luck to you!
  • ascii75
    ascii75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree. The program is great, and the nutrition plan included is VERY thorough. In my opinion, the ONLY downside to this program is you need a good hour to devote each day (an hour and a half for the Yoga workout). That can be kinda difficult for those with busy schedules. But, if you can swing it, it is amazing!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    P90X is the real thing. It has everything a fitness program should include -- cardio, weight training, & flexibility.

Listen to InTheMoney. He will do a brilliant job of guiding you through the program.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I did it!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third day! I like it already.
  • metalpalace
    Options

How's your arms doing? For the first week or so I couldnt extend my arms all the way without warming up first. Even taking a shower was a chore :laugh:
  • marisa1978
    Options
    Thank you to everyone that replied.
    P90X sounds amazing, I'm going to give it a shot.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options

How's your arms doing? For the first week or so I couldnt extend my arms all the way without warming up first. Even taking a shower was a chore :laugh:

Oh man my triceps were sore last night! This morning lifting my arms was definately not a pleasant feeling. I can feel it all throughout my upper back. =D At the same time though, I love this sore feeling.
  • InTheMoney
    Options

Oh man my triceps were sore last night! This morning lifting my arms was definately not a pleasant feeling. I can feel it all throughout my upper back. =D At the same time though, I love this sore feeling.

As Tony puts it: The Bad sore is like a trapeze artist missing the net, the good sore is the burn from the workout. Post workout soreness is just a little lactic acid build up in the muscle. It means you did good. It only lasts for a day or so. For a large part that will go away as you get stronger.