Need ideas for breakfast(gluten/dairy free). Inspire me:)

Options
Happymom83
Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
So I need some ideas for breakfast...I dont really like breakfast..Ive been eating it because I know its the right thing to do,etc ;) I need some ideas on yummy breakfasts..gluten free..milk free(i can use lactose free,or rice/almond milk).also no sugar!!...I usually drink 2 cups of coffee,with sugar free liquid creamer...lol...plus?Give me ideas people!:flowerforyou: :tongue:

Replies

• misemise
    misemise Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my favourite Saturday/Sunday brunch is a plain omlette folded up like a crepe pancake with goats cheese and spinach (and bacon too!) as the filling. Very tasty and incredibly filling. I'm gluten/dairy free, but apparently goats cheese is ok (or I'm willing to believe this anyway!)

I've ditched the coffee for jasmine green tea... I'm hooked on the stuff and I don't miss coffee at all now.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    yummy:)
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If "no sugar" means no ADDED sugar:

I do a smoothy every morning with frozen dark cherries, frozen chopped spinach, 1/2 c oatmeal, chia seed, instant coffee powder, 1 T cocoa, vegan protein powder, and soy or rice milk. Yummmmm. Keeps me happy about 3 hours.

Second breakfast is what some people call refrigerator oatmeal with soy yoghurt (32 oz container), thawed mixed berries (whole bag), a mashed or blended banana, and 4 C uncooked old fashioned oats. Sometimes I toss in a handful of walnuts. Mix well, portion into tupperware. By the time I eat it, the oatmeal has soaked up some of the liquid and has become tender.
  • nomoreFA
    nomoreFA Posts: 40
    Options
    I am experimenting with a GF and no sugar diet. I checked out the cookbook,"Low-Carbing Among Friends" from my local library. I've only tried one recipe so far, but it looks like it has some good recipes. It is a low-carb, gluten free cookbook. Some of the recipes are dairy free, some use Almond milk or other dairy products.:smile:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    eggs hard boiled with tabasco on them
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with spinach and topped with homemade salsa...mmmmm
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am gf/df/ and soy free

I eat cream of rice and an egg many mornings. Quick and easy, keeps me full.
    Pamelas mix pancakes.
    Eggs lots of different ways. Like them best with vegies or with mango salsa on them.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i don't eat breakfast foods for breakfast.

i love sauteed veggies.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Watch the oats if you are gluten intolerant. They are contaminated. If they say "gluten free" you may still be unable to tolerate them. Eggs are a great choice. Protein shake with fruit blended in. Make pancakes or waffles with GF flour and sub apple sauce/bananas/egg replacement powder in place of butter/eggs. Press the water from tofu, crumble into pieces- add cumin, turmeric, a touch of almond, soy, or coconut milk and garlic with lots of stir fried veggies mixed in- GF vegan tofu eggs. GF cereal with a milk alternative and fruit.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    i don't eat breakfast foods for breakfast.

i love sauteed veggies.

I like to do that too. Sucker for left overs in the morning.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Watch the oats if you are gluten intolerant. They are contaminated. If they say "gluten free" you may still be unable to tolerate them. Eggs are a great choice. Protein shake with fruit blended in. Make pancakes or waffles with GF flour and sub apple sauce/bananas/egg replacement powder in place of butter/eggs. Press the water from tofu, crumble into pieces- add cumin, turmeric, a touch of almond, soy, or coconut milk and garlic with lots of stir fried veggies mixed in- GF vegan tofu eggs. GF cereal with a milk alternative and fruit.

Thanks for the information about the oats! I'm just starting a gluten free diet because of an intolerance and I've bought several books and am sort of overwhelmed because I'm not a cook at all. I'm sticking with dairy and I try to stay away from sugars, but I'm not sugar free.
  • angrodriguez92
    Options

Thanks for the information about the oats! I'm just starting a gluten free diet because of an intolerance and I've bought several books and am sort of overwhelmed because I'm not a cook at all. I'm sticking with dairy and I try to stay away from sugars, but I'm not sugar free.

No problem, oats can sneak up on you. I can eat the GF oats but my sister (also celiac) gets horribly sick. I try to stay away from added sugars, but I consume a fair amount of the kind that occurs in nature. If you eat dairy, which I do, nonfat greek yogurt or cottage cheese in the morning mixed with berries is amazingly filling and delicious. Just try to keep your meals simple, try out a new recipe a few times a week and do left overs. No need to try something new, every single day. It is great that you are learning about the diet instead of ignoring the problem. You are on your way.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options

No problem, oats can sneak up on you. I can eat the GF oats but my sister (also celiac) gets horribly sick. I try to stay away from added sugars, but I consume a fair amount of the kind that occurs in nature. If you eat dairy, which I do, nonfat greek yogurt or cottage cheese in the morning mixed with berries is amazingly filling and delicious. Just try to keep your meals simple, try out a new recipe a few times a week and do left overs. No need to try something new, every single day. It is great that you are learning about the diet instead of ignoring the problem. You are on your way.

I am definitely going to do the greek yogurt and berries, that sounds delicious! I'm supposed to keep track of all of my symptoms and whether they go away or not after going gluten free because my test for celiacs came back negative, but I'm still having migraines and inflammation and cramps. I'm hoping it works because I am so over feeling like crap every single day.
  • angrodriguez92
    Options

I am definitely going to do the greek yogurt and berries, that sounds delicious! I'm supposed to keep track of all of my symptoms and whether they go away or not after going gluten free because my test for celiacs came back negative, but I'm still having migraines and inflammation and cramps. I'm hoping it works because I am so over feeling like crap every single day.

It is super delicious. It took about a month for me to start feeling better. I also lost a lot of weight and had strength and endurance that I hadn't before. It was like my body was being poisoned for years, so it was hoarding what little nutrition it was able to consume. Those sound like celiac symptoms to me. I hope you find out what it is and have a full recovery.