5-6 cups of coffee a day..

Options
Is this bad? I drink each with 2 splenda... I can't help myself, I'm a coffee addict.

Replies

• dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    I think it is, I'm in the same boat though it's like liquid crack.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    As long as you're still getting plenty of water/hydration, then it's not necessarily a bad thing. Just get a cup of water in there somewhere in between. :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Some will say yes, I say no. I drink a lot of coffee too, but I don't use any sweeteners (still undecided how I feel about those) I just use a splash of almond milk to save on calories... However, I do love that super sweet creamer once in a while :-/
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Why is it like liquied crack?!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Black with splenda isn't really bad just have to wonder what the fake sugar does to your body. I usually only drink 2 maybe 4 cups on a bad day but it's just black.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Try to cut back, not just for your diet, but for your teeth. I used to drink that much, until my dentist recently told me that coffee is actually making its mark on my enamel and working its way under my fillings.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Is this bad? I drink each with 2 splenda... I can't help myself, I'm a coffee addict.

Yes and No.

1- Splenda...it's 2 molecules from DDT which is used in pest control. Try Truvia
    2- according to Dr. Oz it's ok. Just be careful what you put in it. Non of the flavored crap as that's a lot of wasted calories.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA!!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm still drinking coffee but went down from over 30oz per day to prolly 16oz. It's all I got left! Let me have it lol. I drink it with Stevia..
  • luvmyleo
    luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ha! This used to be me- totally. I have come to a time and place in my life where everything is about balance. Mind, body, soul. Having a pot of coffee a day wasn't treating my body portion kindly. I knew that all of that caffeine was not beneficial to my heart nor my sleep cycle (throwing the mind portion ALL out of whack). So now I limit myself to 2 cups per day, which in turn keeps everything in balance for me.

As one coffee addict to another take what I say with a grain of salt. :wink:
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I probably drink 3-4 per day, but use stevia and almond milk in lieu of sugar/creamer. I probably should cut back or at least add in decaf, but it's my only vice right now...
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I usually have a few cups in the morning with my breakfast, then drink just about ALL water in the afternoon and the evening hours. I'm sure I'm making it up there.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    my grandma used to drink those amounts and now she has PUD :D not sure if it's otherwise dangerous..
  • vndonates
    vndonates Posts: 22
    Options
    Try espresso! Less coffee, less calories. :)
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options

Yes and No.

1- Splenda...it's 2 molecules from DDT which is used in pest control. Try Truvia
    2- according to Dr. Oz it's ok. Just be careful what you put in it. Non of the flavored crap as that's a lot of wasted calories.

Oh snap, Oxygen is one atom away from Carbon Dioxide.

Anyway, black coffee appears to be fine. Drink a lot of it if you want. I, personally, drink it unsweetened, but Splenda might be OK.
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

LOL, where I'm from "Liquid Crack" is Redbull and Vodka Mixers !!
    Yum :drinker:
  • reashamoriba
    reashamoriba Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I drink 5-6 cups of black coffee a day and still lose weight. I use 2/3 packets of Splenda for each :)
  • mathiasg
    mathiasg Posts: 32
    Options
    I drink 3-5 cups a day, with splenda and a splash of skim milk. I probably need to get off the splenda and try truvia or similar, but I am a work in progress....
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have not changed the amount of coffee I drink, just stopped having milk with it.

The last month I have had several migraines, usually I get one a year. The doctor said this is possibly because the ratio of caffeine to 'everything else' in my body has multiplied. Wheras before I was eating a lot, now coffee makes up a higher percentage of the stuff I consume. I have now made it a mission to have water before or after a coffee in order to dilute it in my system. It seems to have worked.

But I don't consider coffee to be the devil no. :)
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    5 -6 a day, there is just No way I could funtion on so little.