Confused - opened up diary and would love suggestions

Options
13»

Replies

• FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I am 15 also (5'3''), and I'm a mom (x5). Feel free to friend me. I have mfp set up to my BMR, and then I eat exercise calories. It's slow going, but it's going. Slow and steady wins. :) I have a long way to go, but it's happening, and I'll get there. There aren't any quick fixes.

However, if you want to do something to help reshape your body kind of quickly to prep for that wedding, I recommend 30 day shred.

Other than that, a good combination of heavy lifting, some cardio, and a healthy, balanced diet...

I don't know where my 6 went. I'm *156*

Funny! I thought...wow, 15 and 5 kids???? I do have the 30 day Shred dvd...tried it for awhile and started going to the gym instead. Do you do all three stages or one at a time...how do you use it? Thanks!

You do level 1 for 10 workouts (I did it with one rest day a week), then level 2 for 10 workouts (same-one rest day a week. You can take more. It's best if you do it 4-5 times a week, so two or even three rests are okay), then level 3 for 10 workouts.

Personally, I can't hang well with level 3, so I only add it in a few times. I do mostly level 2 for the last 10 workouts. I have both tennis elbow and a rotator cuff problem, and level 3 exacerbates those madly.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Eat less processed foods, lift heavy things up and put them down again :)-A good starting point for becoming more firm and muscular. I love the posts about Staci on Nerd Fitness.com....check her out, shes awesome.
  • redmamacita
    redmamacita Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    of that 30% for carbs... try making 80% of that carbs from veggies only, and 20% from whole grains (and sugar). if you're having a carb craving or are used to having somethign starchy for lunch/dinner, try sweet potatoes. they are so versatile - i love to make them into fries when i'm making burgers for dinner.

if you can get a handle on your other sugary/processed snacks, then i think allowing yourself your serving of coffee creamer is a fair trade off. but the other stuff has to go for it to work! good luck :)
  • chachan
    chachan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Your carbs seem too high. Cut out your sandwich thins and replace them with lettuce for a quick wrap. Cut out your cereal in the morning for boiled eggs or something with more protein. Also, if you are looking to tone up fast then try the 30 day shred. You will see results.

On the cereal...I just put a 1/4 cup into my greek yogurt and blueberries for crunch. Now, about those sandwich thins....here's my problem....I HATE lettuce! I know I should eat it, but it gags me and makes me want to puke!! So, a weird food issue there, but it's one I can't get past! Most other wrap options seem to be similar calorie count and fiber...but I could try just eating turkey and a cheese stick I guess.

Ironically, I LOVE spinach salads!
  • chachan
    chachan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 15 also (5'3''), and I'm a mom (x5). Feel free to friend me. I have mfp set up to my BMR, and then I eat exercise calories. It's slow going, but it's going. Slow and steady wins. :) I have a long way to go, but it's happening, and I'll get there. There aren't any quick fixes.

However, if you want to do something to help reshape your body kind of quickly to prep for that wedding, I recommend 30 day shred.

Other than that, a good combination of heavy lifting, some cardio, and a healthy, balanced diet...

I don't know where my 6 went. I'm *156*

Funny! I thought...wow, 15 and 5 kids???? I do have the 30 day Shred dvd...tried it for awhile and started going to the gym instead. Do you do all three stages or one at a time...how do you use it? Thanks!

You do level 1 for 10 workouts (I did it with one rest day a week), then level 2 for 10 workouts (same-one rest day a week. You can take more. It's best if you do it 4-5 times a week, so two or even three rests are okay), then level 3 for 10 workouts.

Personally, I can't hang well with level 3, so I only add it in a few times. I do mostly level 2 for the last 10 workouts. I have both tennis elbow and a rotator cuff problem, and level 3 exacerbates those madly.

So, I started off with the 30 day shred back in January and found it difficult to do daily...not so much because it was hard, I think I just became bored with doing the same thing everyday. Since we joined the Y, I have been MUCH more consistent about exercise. It's nice, as a mom, to leave home to go do something just for me...and it's been a good mental exercise to realize that it isn't a selfish act to take an hour away from my family for myself.

That said, I think I will check out Ms. Julianne's workout again and figure out how to incorporate more of her exercises into my gym/nautilus workout. I know many folks have been very happy with their results!
  • jaimemc86
    jaimemc86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you don't like lettuce, you could always just use all of the toppings you like and wrap them all in the turkey! Or simply use one piece of bread, instead of two.