New Here, New to Weight Loss

Options
Hello everyone. I'm new to MFP and new to weight loss. I've always been overweight by scale standards because of muscle mass, never passed the scale weight in the military, but always passed the test when they measured me (tape test). I've been fit and toned the majority of my life with minimal effort. After I had my boys I somehow managed to peel off most of the weight, gaining 10 lasting pounds with each boy. When I hit 33 years old, the weight started sticking. A couple months ago I noticed that the pudge was more noticeable and I could feel my tummy jiggle when I walked. I was suddenly very aware of myself and very self conscious about what I wear and what I look like. I knew then it was time to make a change.

I've never done a controlled weight loss plan, never had to, but something has to change. I am not a huge snacker, but never noticed how many calories are in the few things I did eat. Right now I feel immensely hungry a lot of the time while I am adjusting to the loss in caloric intake. I try to go to the gym every other day, giving my body time to rest. I've lost 3 lbs in the first week and hope to keep going strong. Add me if you would like. Thanks and good luck to each of you!