Options
    Yes it's fantastic! Great calorie burn!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    2L2Q
  • cliffhouse49
    Options
    I've been doing this in my house for a long time. Every time I put something in the microwave...I rev up and run in place, jumping jacks, etc. for the time I am reheating something. It doesn't sound like much, but you'd be surprised at how many times you use a microwave in the course of a day. Then I go about my regular routine. I notice a difference...
  • rachey_v
    rachey_v Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ooh sounds good... bumping this so that when I buy my HRM next week I can get started and look at this and know what I'm doing haha! Thanks!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I managed two rounds today. Thought I was going to die, so I think I did it right. Not sure how I'll make it upstairs; nothing left in the tank.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing mine tonight
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I use the Tabata protocol for lots of types of exercises; sprints, burpees, pull ups, chins etc

Best advice, get a loud interval timer (I use a GYMBOSS ... it's OK but I'm sure there are other brands)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I use the Tabata protocol for lots of types of exercises; sprints, burpees, pull ups, chins etc

Best advice, get a loud interval timer (I use a GYMBOSS ... it's OK but I'm sure there are other brands)

There are loads of free downloadable apps, work just as well
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I did one set with an online timer, and another while following along to a YouTube Tabata video. The person in the video was NOT going all-out, but I sure was. The problem I found with just using a timer is that I wanted to cheat SO badly. Like doing one set of something that was really, really tough, and then not wanting to repeat it because it was really, really tough on the first go-around, and would be worse the second time around. With someone to follow along with, I just did whatever they were doing, even if I felt I was going to die.