Over Celebrating

Options
So I went to the Halloween store today looking for a costume for work. The store I work for is doing a Wizard of Oz Theme for Halloween, I found the Tin Woman costume that was plus sized and went to try it on. The thing kept falling off me. It was way too big in the chest and waist and just a bit big in the hips which is a one of my problem areas. When I came out of the dressing room the employee that was waiting on me asked how it fit and I was able to say with a smile that it was too big and that that had made my day. When I stepped on the scale this morning I had "lost" two pounds. Not sure if it was messed up I kept getting back on and checking. Sure enough it stayed as 214.6 lbs. But to celebrate this grand thing I has fast food for lunch and almost half a pizza for dinner. SO to make up for it tomorrow when I get off from work I am going to walk around the down town area which is only a few blocks but is full of hills that totally kick but. I think that that might be part of my new routine on my half days at work.

SO does anyone else have advise or a story like this to share, I could also use a little help finding low impact work outs because of my knee injury. Any help is much appreciated.

:heart: Much Love :heart:

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i dont have any low impact workouts for you, but i can say when i see a number i like, i over indulge as a celebration too!
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I like Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone or the Prevention Walk Yourself Fit DVD's for low impact. Otherwise, I just walk outside. I have two screws in my left knee and my right knee is about shot and about ready to need the screws so I need low impact for that reason and these both fit right into very good workouts!! Hope this helps. I used to overindulge when I would celebrate weight loss but then I found I was back to square one so I started putting a dollar in a jar for every day that I was within 100 calories of my alloted calories for the day. Then I would use the money to buy something I had been wanting and made a rule not to use it on food. I would buy new clothes or other various things until I got out of the habit of blowing it everytime I saw a good number on the scale!!
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It is definitely hard to get used to celebrating your success in ways that don't involve food. Our culture (and our unhealthy personal habits) really associate celebration with meals. I try to reward myself with things like clothes and shoes instead but that doesn't have the same social aspect of celebrating with others. I try to get my sisters to shop with me but they are both earlier in their weight loss missions, still in the plus sizes, and not at the point of enjoying shopping. Makes it hard.
  • Irish24
    Options
    So I fully intended to follow through with my plan to walk around Downtown Cville but the weather is not working with me. It's been raining on and off everyday all week. Hopefully I will be able to go out tomorrow and "feel the burn" of all those hills.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    It is definitely hard to get used to celebrating your success in ways that don't involve food. Our culture (and our unhealthy personal habits) really associate celebration with meals. I try to reward myself with things like clothes and shoes instead but that doesn't have the same social aspect of celebrating with others. I try to get my sisters to shop with me but they are both earlier in their weight loss missions, still in the plus sizes, and not at the point of enjoying shopping. Makes it hard.

Yes! I was going to suggest finding a way to celebrate that doesn't involve food.
    That's really how I fell off track 4 years ago after losing about 40 pounds. I made it under 200 and had a couple slices of pizza (I worked at a pizza place then) to celebrate. Then I hit a plateau at 191 and gave up. Suffice it to say I didn't stay under 200 for long. :ohwell: Learn from my mistake! I'm doing this differently this time so I don't see that problem happening for me again, it's just a cautionary tale, I suppose. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!