Come offer some protein shake ideas =)

Options
2»

Replies

• jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I mix plain greek yogurt into mine. I don't taste it and it's the only way I can eat greek yogurt. Something I'm going to try tomorrow, is adding avocado to my shake. It's supposed to make the shake super creamy and I am trying to add potassium to my diet so win-win.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • crazylikefox
    crazylikefox Posts: 100
    Options
    Put fresh spinach in it! I do NOT like the taste of spinach in a salad, but I would muscle through it in a salad for the health benefits. Now I mix a cup of spinach, two scoops Aria chocolate protein powder (also do not like the taste when it is by itself), plus 1/2 cup Private Selections triple berry medley (blueberry, raspberry, blackberry), and 1 1/2 cup Silk Fruit+Protein juice. The fruit overhelms the spinach taste so you get the perks without the taste.

This equals 365ish calories, and works as a nice quick breakfast. For a more chocolatey approach, I have mixed Sambazon Protein - Acai + Chocolate as the liquid mixer.

Spinach!
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my new favorite:
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    ice
    frozen strawberries
    tart cherry juice

it's fairly tart, but i think it's super yummy...however, my son told me it tastes like "throw up!"...so i guess you'll have to try it for yourself

another favorite:
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    skim milk
    frozen banana (about 3/4 of one)
    ice cubes
    peanut butter ( i use PB2 to save on calories)

i agree that using frozen bananas is a great trick to creating a really nice consistency. i've got a giant freezer bag full of them at all times.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I quite enjoy:

- 1 cup frozen raspberries
    - 1/2 cup water
    - 1/2 cup milk or pomegranate juice (but oh baby not both!)
    - chocolate whey
    - 1/4 cup cottage cheese
    - Greens+ (because try as I may I can't make myself love veggies)
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My tips for a great smoothie, is not to use ice! Use fruits that you've frozen yourself or bought frozen. I always peel banana's and chop them up for quick go to smoothies! A cold smoothie you'll consume slower usually, allowing you to feel full sooner.

I always use 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup skim milk in my smoothies. That's my base. Carnation instant breakfast powder
    works if you don't have or don't like protein powder, but it does add sugar.

1tbsp peanut butter, one frozen banana, one or two scoops chocolate protein powder. You'll think you're drinking a chocolate milk shake!

Frozen pineapple and banana, with vanilla carnation instant breakfast and some ground flax was my smoothie today. It was delicious. You could freeze canned pineapple too!

If you find a base you like texture wise, then you can add anything you want to the mix.
    Water and milk, yogurt and milk, yogurt and water, water only, milk only, yogurt only etc. You could mix frozen berries and water if you need low calories. Add your sweetener of your choice if you think you need it.

Possibilities are endless! It's about what ingredients you have on hand! :)