Trying to be more social...

Options
I have been on MFP for a few months. I am down 32 lbs so far, I still have a long way to go, I'm not even at 25% of my total weight loss goal. I know that motivation and support have helped me to lose weight in the past, so I figured I should start contributing to the message boards.

I'm Val, I am 28 and I live in mid-state New York. I finally got my weight in check when one of my best friends announced they were getting married this October, followed by the realization I weighed 15 pounds less than my boyfriend... who is almost a foot taller than me. :(

I have stuck with it and I have made progress. Though, currently I am discouraged because while I have lost 30 pounds, I am still in the same sized clothing as when I began. I wanted to attempt to get down a couple clothing sizes before October, but I feel a little stuck currently. I am also trying to lose weight since heart dieases and diabetes runs rampant in my family and I would like to avoid becoming another statistic.

If you're looking for friends that will always help to be motivating, that's me. If you're struggling with some similar issues as me, please add me so we can help each other through it. There are some amazing success stories on here and I would like to be one of them, and help others to become successes as well.

Replies

• crisco1232
    crisco1232 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your kinda like me. I have always tried to lose weight but never really took it too seriously. My dad passed last September so I had quit smoking. And now I am really getting into losing weight. Before it was kind of like a vanity thing cause I want to get more tattoos, maybe I dont know about that really, but now Im looking at it from a health side. Both parents passed at relatively young ages, my mom at 54 and my dad at 64. Plus we got all kinda of health issues from heart disease to diabeties to strokes to you name it. So I can understand what your saying