Evening Workouts?

Options
InezRny
InezRny Posts: 53 Member
Hi everyone!

Due to work I am only able to exercise at night! (at around the hours of 7-10PM) Does anyone do the same? I seem to feel like I am the only one! Please feel free to add me if you too work out at night! Happy Friday!!

Replies

• Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out in the early afternoon, but with the summer heat, I usually run in the evening when the sun gets lower in the sky. I'll send you a FR :-)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i like working out at night.
  • tajour
    tajour Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm more likely to hit the snooze button in the morning, and I don't want to risk running into buttheads who make mean comments, so I plan my walking/jogging/biking workouts for about 20 minutes before sunset. I love it. Sending friend request!
  • SVallatini
    SVallatini Posts: 49
    Options
    You are not alone, I work out in the evenings too. Sometimes it is late afternoon, just depends on what time I got off work. If I work until six, then I will workout later. You can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Close in stats - 5'10" and 40. I dropped a few non motivated friends today and would love some new friends if you want to add me. I lost 28 pounds in almost 12 weeks. I will motivate, support or help however possible. Go for it! And I work out after work in the early evening from about 4:30-5:30 p.m.
  • InezRny
    Options
    Excellent! I was feeling like the only night owl! Glad to have you all as new friends! I need the support and will do my best to return it!
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I often work out at night. My allergy meds make it hard to wake up early! And I work all day. Gotta fit it in where you can, you know??? Better at night than never.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Night work outs are not my preferred time but seeing as I can't get my butt out of bed earlier than the bare minimum to get to work on time... i often work out at night (except on weekends)
  • popprincess72317
    popprincess72317 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sometimes I walk in the morning, I do circuit training during my lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I hit the gym for some cardio in the evenings. Before I started Circuit training I always worked out with weights and cardio between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. You are not the only one. I think a lot of people do it in the evenings. Hey, it's better than doing nothing at all. Keep it up!:happy:
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evenings. Some mornings it's as much as I can do to put my shoes on.

The only thing that matters is you are working out.

Better than being a couch potato, I should know. I've been one for years!
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm not a morning person at all. I really prefer working out at night. Some nights I make it to the gym at 6 or 7 and some nights (like last night) I don't go until 8:30 or 9. I've found I work out better at night and can go longer. It's also a huge stress reliever for me after a stressful day at work. :smile:
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mostly at night due to having a toddler who rules me any other time. Its hard to get up at 5 to work out so I do it afterwork while the baby is napping or whenever I can - sometimes as late as 10
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are 8 oclock at night workouters lol. Yes, you can friend request me : )
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning and evening! :smile:
  • InezRny
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful replies! I am definitely a night person and my job is usually from 10-6 or even later! So waking up to work out is just not an option! I also have allergies and take Zyrtec which knocks me out so in the morning I have zero desire! I will request you and look forward to all of the support!!
  • ChristaLee72
    ChristaLee72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work out at night too. I am not a morning person, so I know I would just be setting myself up for failure if i tried to work out in the mornings! As soon as I get home from work I change my clothes and turn on a Jillian Michaels DVD. I also walk my dog in the evenings. I don't think it matters so much when you work out, it just matters that you actually do it! :)
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I normally work a 7am to 4pm shift, so get to the gym around 5 or 6 and leave the gym around 7 to 8. Normally eat a protein bar or small snack and have a pre workout drink to give me energy or the long day will catch up to me. By the time I get home and eat dinner its normally 8-9PM and time to sleep it off for the next day. You have to have a relationship with the gym or your workouts and always make time for them no matter what.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    During the week, I workout in the evening, usually 6:30 - 7:30ish. On Saturday I try to go in the morning so that I can do other weekend activities.
  • brookejky
    brookejky Posts: 6
    Options
    On the days I work I am at the hospital from 7a-7:30 pm. After I clock out I change and head to the gym. Very hard to do but not nearly as crowded in the gym!
  • lildianita
    Options
    i always work out at night!! even on the weekends when im off lol