Why Wait? Let's Go NOW!

Options
The time is NOW!
Procrastinating is a bad habit when it comes to weight loss. I constantly hear people say, "I'm starting my diet Monday." or "I'm going to start this aerobics class next week." Putting things off only makes it harder in the long run. When you make the decision to lose weight and/or get in shape, jump in and do it NOW! Don't wait. The sooner you get into a good habit, the better. Granted eating right and exercising takes a lot of dedication, but it makes you THAT much stronger! Think of the possibilites and what you can overcome!
If you aren't sure where to start, just start by trading fries for veggies, chips for cucumbers, tea for lemon and water, etc... Take a little walk after dinner. Yes, do take the stairs. Yes, DO park all the way at the end of the parking lot. One smart choice will lead to another, and those smart choices will make you feel like a better you and before you know it, the weight will start falling off.

Why wait? Start NOW! There is absolutely nothing to lose! Well, there is...

Replies

• OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20+lbs just by starting the simple things and it escalated from there!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    no way man i already did 6 miles today.
  • LillyT87
    LillyT87 Posts: 1
    Options
    Procrastination is my downfall...
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    If you want to procrastinate with something, have it be waiting to have the snack. Do the exercise first, procrastinate on the bad for you things and jump on the good for you things.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm in the office today, so I have to wait until 5pm to head to the gym. But, my "unlogged" exercise for the day so far...ran up and down the stairs at least 6 - 7 times, 3 sets of 20 pushups while waiting for our servers to re-boot this morning, walked around the parking lot several times on a break after lunch. :drinker:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I approve this message! :drinker:
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on finding a very good excuse to procrastinate on my exercise... tomorrow :p
  • Monkeyrhea
    Monkeyrhea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So funny that I came across this post :) I was thinking in my mind that I really need to get back into my workout routine. I got out of the routing when my son has surgery and then got really sick afterwards :( Well, I've been wanting to start the C25K and was telling myself all morning that I would start on Monday then around noon I said to hell with it I am starting this afternoon. So...as soon as the little guy wakes up from his nap I am taking them to the tennis courts so that they can play and I can jog around the outside!!! No procrastinating and no excuses!!! :):):)
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    I can never get a round to procrastinating, I am just to busy. maybe I will procrastinate tomorrow.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    NO PROCRASTINATING!!!
    :)