I'm confused

smelmel
smelmel Posts: 98 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I went and looked at past posts about eating exercise calories but now I'm more confused. At the start with the goals I said I would exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes, do I log this and eat those calories or do I log the extra exercise I do. Yes it takes a little bit longer for me to understand things, sorry.Thanks.

Replies

• I dont log my diet or exercise on this site.....I do hand written journals.....because I have to track everything...and eat numerous times a day and need to track my water, supplements.

I personally log everything I eat drink and do. I am not sure on here tho. My personal trainer got me into the journals because I can slip them into my gym bag or purse. Yes it takes a little time cuz I have to read labels.....but I eat the same stuff most of the time. Sometimes I get my cal info if it is accurate here but I also use calorieking and fit day and sparkpeople
  • LydiaJay
    LydiaJay Posts: 30 Member
    I log all my food and drink on here, and if I do any form of exercise, like walking to the train station or cycling to work, and gym classes, i log those too.

The calories I have burnt from the exercise are added to my daily calorie goal which means I get more calories to eat! :) but as I have put them in as a daily goal it means i have to do the same amount of exercise every day. difficult to keep up, but i make sure i do my 1 hour of exercise every day, in whatever format!

good luck with it all :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    When you initially set up your goals, you put in how often and how much you planned to exercise. You'll notice that when you log the actual workouts, MFP compares what you've logged to your goals. That is simply for tracking purposes, so you know if you're meeting your goals..The calories are added to your daily limit, because that daily limit already includes a healthy deficit intended to cause a weight loss.

I eat most of my exercises. I leave a little bit left over (100 calories or so?) as a cushion in case I've overestimated how much I burned up (no HRM) or underestimated a measurement or recipe.

In addition, when I put in a goal of 2 pounds per week and sedentary activity level, MFP gave me 1,200 calories a day. I did not lose anything. I changed my goals to 1 pound and my activity level to lightly active (even though I work a desk job), and have done much better. My daily calories now are 1,450 and I'm not hungry or struggling to make it through the day on that much. And I'm losing an average of one pound a week, which is perfect for me :smile:
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    thanks heaps, this helped. sometimes too much imformation makes me confused. It's just a bit confusing because when I started I was hungry for a couple of weeks but now I'm never hungry and feels like I'm eating too much but it looks like that happens to alot of people on here. Thanks again for taking the time to explain in plain english also seeing that other people are doing the same and are losing weight helps.:smile:
This discussion has been closed.