Why is it harder to get up early then go to bed late?

Options

Replies

• susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    When you're asleep your brain sends signals to your body's afukkit receptors. Your bodys reaction is to lay around in bed rather than get up and do...ya know...stuff.

It's science...

Oh also...I made that up.

Hahaha! :heart: this one! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me too - my favorite answer
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    For the same reason that people misuse the words "then" and "than".

And yeah, I just made that up...*and* I'm being a grammar dbag.

I would apologize, but it wouldn't be sincere.

Hey, at least you own up to it. :drinker:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Whoops. Clearly my mistake made my post completely impossible to read! I do apologize for this terrible affront on your grammatical senses!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Whoops. Clearly my mistake made my post completely impossible to read! I do apologize for this terrible affront on your grammatical senses!

I see that you do not hold yourself to the same standard that an apology must be sincere before being offered.

Nonetheless, I accept your insincere apology.

You may now return to misusing words, omitting punctuation, and making awkward choices of prepositions.

EDIT: That was a little more abrasive than I intended. Here's a smiley to counter some of the harshness: :smile:
  • penrbrown
    Options

I see that you do not hold yourself to the same standard that an apology must be sincere before being offered.

You may now return to misusing words, omitting punctuation, and making awkward choices of prepositions.

I most definitely shall. :)

I only apologize sincerely when I have done something that I should sincerely apologize for. Grammatical mistakes, omitting punctuation, misusing words, making up words and awkward choices of prepositions are hardly worthy of sincere apologetics (see what I did there?).

Good day, sir. I wish you the best in removing that stick.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    When you're asleep your brain sends signals to your body's afukkit receptors. Your bodys reaction is to lay around in bed rather than get up and do...ya know...stuff.

It's science...

Oh also...I made that up.

Hahaha! :heart: this one! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me too - my favorite answer

Thank you ladies I'll be here all week...

Actually todays friday...and I'm off in 4 hours. So you got 4 hours left.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I want a girl with a short skirt and a looooooong jacket!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem Cannot for the life of me stay awake past 10:00pm unless I"m physically out doing something with friends. However even if I'm out late I can (and frequently do) bounce out of bed at 5am! Its terrible when I really want to sleep in and I can't. Just not in my nature I guess. I need to be up with the sun.

^^^ THIS^^^ I am the same :happy:
  • penrbrown
    Options

Who used a machette to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    0430 Everyday. Somedays I am great otherdays it really pisses me off. I can't stay up late, I get cranky.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I most definitely shall. :)

I only apologize sincerely when I have done something that I should sincerely apologize for. Grammatical mistakes, omitting punctuation, misusing words, making up words and awkward choices of prepositions are hardly worthy of sincere apologetics (see what I did there?).

Ack...stop. Please, just stop.
    Good day, sir. I wish you the best in removing that stick.

Touche.

:drinker:
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on the individual and their circadian rhythms. I'm MUCH rather get up early than stay up past my regular bedtime.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's habit. I used to go to bed late and hate getting up early.

Now I can't stay up late at all, and I love waking up early!
  • penrbrown
    Options
    0430 Everyday. Somedays I am great otherdays it really pisses me off. I can't stay up late, I get cranky.

:O That's my mouth hanging open! Holy!!!! I weep for you and tomorrow I shall sleep in, in honor of you!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

Who used a machette to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

:D
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am a firefighter. We work 24hrs on and 48 off We have to go from deep sleep to fully functioning in about 30 seconds. Your body/brain has to adjust to whatever routine you teach/train it. If you get up around a certain time everyday without fail you will find it easier.
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Because you're young.

Ah, no... that ain't it. I'm not as young and I still function better staying up late and sleeping in than going to bed early and getting up early. Sadly, in order to have ANY personal time, I have to get up early enough to get a few things done before I have to go in to work... early.

No morning wrens here.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Because you're young.

Ah, no... that ain't it. I'm not as young and I still function better staying up late and sleeping in than going to bed early and getting up early. Sadly, in order to have ANY personal time, I have to get up early enough to get a few things done before I have to go in to work... early.

No morning wrens here.

Well, that isn't *entirely* it for every person...but I've noticed that the older I get, the easier it is to go to bed and to wake up earlier. It isn't *easy* yet, but it's slowly getting *easier*.
  • penrbrown
    Options
    Because you're young.

No morning wrens here.

I am loving all the night owls who are here. :)

I always feel somewhat violated when that alarm clock goes off. Especially if it goes off before my usual time.

Intellectually I know if I retrained myself I COULD get up earlier. I just don't care to. I prefer staying up later to being up earlier. Perhaps it's part personality? Perhaps it's part habit? Perhaps some of us just function better in the evening and some just function better in the morning? Or maybe it's a mixture of it all? Either way, I'm really struggling to get up an hour earlier to incorporate exercise into my morning instead of into my evening.

Which is what inspired this post! That and my silly idea that somehow staying up later wasn't taking away sleep time but getting UP earlier was.