What is the longest plateau you have successfully broken?

Options
How long was your plateau? Did you want to give up? How did you get past it?

I am getting to the point where I am going to throw out my scale and stick to the tape measure because that scale says NOTHING about my improved fitness/health!!

Replies

• aleshai
    aleshai Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jbrookeh
    jbrookeh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am currently stuck...would love to hear how others broke their plateaus.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I've been at my plateau about close to 4-5 months.
    Keep staying at the same and then gained a couple pounds and now trying to lose from there.
    But broke it recently, moved back in with parents and they eat so freakin' healthy its so helpful.
    Also i joined my gym again. :) Broke my plateau after what felt like forever. :)
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    my longest was 4 months... i stop eating right and working out.. gained that 20-30lbs right back
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs and maintained it for about 8 months but could not lose anymore. I recommitted myself to my health I cut. Out all diet sodas, artificial sweetener, refined flour&sugar, and processed foods. In about 6 weeks I jvae lost 8 lbs and am about 4 lbs away from my goal. I have found that the more weight I lose the more careful I have to be with my diet. Good luck and don't give up.
  • aleshai
    Options
    I've been at my plateau about close to 4-5 months.
    Keep staying at the same and then gained a couple pounds and now trying to lose from there.
    But broke it recently, moved back in with parents and they eat so freakin' healthy its so helpful.
    Also i joined my gym again. :) Broke my plateau after what felt like forever. :)

Oh my goodness!! 4-5 months is a long time. I am glad you broke your plateau!
  • aleshai
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs and maintained it for about 8 months but could not lose anymore. I recommitted myself to my health I cut. Out all diet sodas, artificial sweetener, refined flour&sugar, and processed foods. In about 6 weeks I jvae lost 8 lbs and am about 4 lbs away from my goal. I have found that the more weight I lose the more careful I have to be with my diet. Good luck and don't give up.

Thank you! Oh and congrats to you! 4 lbs away sounds amazing.
  • timeformetoo
    timeformetoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER posted on here before but I'm glad to see your question. I'm stuck on a plateau for sure and its really hurting me emotionally at his point. I'm having a hard time getting out of this rut. I have lost 71 pounds but it has been a long slow journey and I'm stuck now. I am losing an average of about a half a pound per month. :( Looking forward to seeing more responses about how people got their bodies to push past the wall & motivate yourself as well! :)
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks. You'll get there. It just tales time. I didn't think it was possible for me to lose my last 10-glad to see I was wrong!
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    Options
    I have been on the same plateau for over 6 months. I've been eating well, weight training, cycling and completed C25K. I haven't really lost inches, and have just been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over. To say it's been frustrating is an understatement at this point. I've tried eating more, eating less, cutting way down on carbs, etc. Nothing seems to do me any good. I still have at least 15-20 pounds to lose, so it isn't as if there's nothing left to come off.

I try to remember that I'm kicking serious *kitten* with all the physical stuff, and hopefully one day my body will decide to let go.