Low calorie soup recipes?

Options
jenna25
jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
Dental pain and cant really eat most foods! sad about this because i just went to the farmers market a couple days ago and it is really hard to eat a salad with my tooth pain but i dont want my veggies to go to waste! I am really craving a creamy broccoli or potato soup. Anyone have any healthy/low cal creamy soup recipes?!

Replies

• dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This is a Herbed Broccoli Soup I make all the time. Hubby and I love it and it is very, very filling. It comes to about 141 calories per cup and it makes a fairly large pan. If it is just you eating it, I would definitely cut the measurements in half. Enjoy.

45 oz 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth
    2 tsp Ready To Use Minced Garlic
    2 tsp Ground Thyme
    3 cups Broccoli Florets - Raw
    6 oz Veggie Rotini Spirals
    3 tbsp Lemon Juice
    1/4 tsp Salt
    1/8 tsp Pepper, Black
    12 oz Grilled Chicken Pieces

Heat chicken broth, garlic and thyme to boiling in medium saucepan. Stir in broccoli and spirals (fusilli) and chicken. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.

:love:
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump. Also been looking for good low calorie soup recipes.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    These are a group of soup recipes, you follow the same formula for each of them, but each veg has a herb/spice.

Potato + dill
    Zucchini + nutmeg
    Mushroom + nutmeg
    Tomato + basil
    Cauliflower + curry (1/2 tsp)
    broccoli + little thyme, bay leaf & pinch garlic powder
    Celery + fresh parsley & dry basil
    carrots + fresh parsley & dry basil

Zucchini is an all time fave at our place!

So basically 1-2 lbs of veg roughly chopped into a pot + 1 onion, 1 stock cube (veg or chicken) and a dash of what ever spice/herb (about a teaspoons worth) then just cover with water, like 3/4 covered, you can always add more later. Let the soup boil till veg is tender, then blend it smooth (with a wand or blender) then add about 100 ml or more of runny cream (I use 10-15%, a less fat one = less cals obviously!) you want the veg soup thick so that why you don't want too much water at the start, you can thin is down with more water if need be. (NOTE: remove bay leaves before blending!)

Potato and leak soup... basically I follow the same process, but i fry up the potato and leak in a little olive oil first. No dill needed.

The zucchini for example comes out at about 65 cals a cup (250ml) (4g fat)

They freeze SUPER well! very family friendly (my kids love them with grilled cheese on the side!)