Giving up, and gaining weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I just read your profile explaining more about your relationship with food. Eating is far from the enemy.. if you're hungry, EAT! Ditch all of the candy bars and junk, and swap it for better and more healthier options.
    I think having the mindset of "eating = fat and not eating = thin" could present a problem. You should eat often but just with healthier foods instead. Setting those unrealistic limits on how often you should eat will likely set you up for failure.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I ask myself the same question. I have tried to figure out when specifically I want to eat too much. Mostly I am bored or craving the taste of something specific. I try and figure out what is going on and then I try to occupy myself with other thoughts. It works most of the time. But there are other times I just feel like I love food too much. I agree about replacements but they have to be things you really love. For me, popcorn is something that works. It is low calorie and give me that crunchy thing I am looknig for instead of chips and other things like that. baby carrots are good too. i like them and they are low calorie. You really have to find some good replacement foods. Sure there are thigns we all love, like chocolate and things liek that. but if you stay away from some of the sugary high fat stuff I find that after about a week of staying away from them i actually don't desire them as much anymore. It is a tough battle and I understand. I too have issues with loving food too much.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I just gained 2 lbs, however, this happened before, I strayed some from the what MFP suggested for me but tightened back up and to date have lost 60 lbs out of the 100 lbs I'm going for.

You will lose weight, but only if you keep it up. This is not a test, you can't fail (unless you give up), there will be bumps in the road.

Keep it up, you will do it.
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well, it was helpful for me to hear from my Doctor that I've got to lose weight or die... YMMV.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Well, it was helpful for me to hear from my Doctor that I've got to lose weight or die... YMMV.

Yep.... getting that kind of news will certainly put that whole love eating/food in an entirely different perspective!...Hopefully OP will never face that kind of music.