need friends

Options
Msl001
Msl001 Posts: 24 Member
I had lost weight earlier this year and then broke my ankle. The boredom of sitting around for months has made me gain back all the weight plus more. Now i am ready to get rid of it for good i am so uncomfortable in my skin. The only problem in that i am still on crutches which makes working out very hard to do. I need some advice.

Replies

• MauSalvaje
    MauSalvaje Posts: 15
    Options
    Try cutting out calories, junk food and sugary foods. I've started diet this week and lost a kilogram with no excercise....just because I'm being lazy, I used to exercise a lot.

But for the meantime, this measure will help you stop gaining and you can always excercise when you start feeling better :)
  • Msl001
    Options
    thanks that what i am trying to do. Not leaving the house makes it hard to not eat :/ hopefully it will get better soon.
  • nevergiveup92
    Options
    I had also lost weight but gained it all back from sitting on my tush due to foot surgery.. It's definitely depressing but I am back at it again with the exercising.. If you want, you can add me :)
  • hungrybunni
    hungrybunni Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Can appreciate how you feel. I ruptured my achillies 18 months ago and although I avoided crutches I was still constantly feet up, ice etc etc. Does your local swimming pool have a hoist/lift to get you into the pool? could be good physio as well as weight loss?
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I gained my weight from boredom and depression after a bad knee injury. Just learn to modify your workouts for now. Definitely ask your doctor next time you go in, but for now, all I can think of is prop it up on the couch, and do crunches/situps, arm curls with weights, or whatever you have at home. You could work out your non-broken leg, but that might make you a little unbalanced. Stick to core and upper body for now. Feel free to add me :D
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Do something with your hands so you won't be tempted to eat. I do cross stitch or knit...It has hugely helped with my evening snacking!
  • Saragre
    Saragre Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was in a a similar boat last December, so I empathize. Add me if you would like.
  • xcption
    xcption Posts: 4
    Options
    There are things you can do to exercise at home or even with a broken ankle. If you have access to a swimming pool, that's GREAT EXERCISE and easy enough on your ankle. But you can also do things like lie on the floor and do leg lifts (no pressure on the ankle with that, yet burns calories) and you can also lie on your back and use arm weights to burn some calories (again, no impact to your ankle). Take control, boredom or not, you need to watch those calories! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • lildianita
    Options
    when i go o the gym i see this girl in crouches too but she works out her upper body on the machines sitting down and she sweats like crazy!!
  • antsw123
    antsw123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have MD and cannot exercise as such and so all of my weight loss is down to calorie control. I have been successful so far by finding recipes for my favourite foods which make sure that I take in the right number of calories.

Through this I have managed to lose more than a pound a week.

Very willing to share recipes etc.

Add me if you wish.

ants
  • Msl001
    Options
    i should be that girl