WTH!! I'm 2 young for back issues

Options
TayJoMama
TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
WTH!! Just when I was starting to get off this plateau. I hurt my freakin back!! I've had an ache in my back for the past three weeks. But Tuesday night, I bent over to put something in the oven and felt my back creak and crack to the point I couldn't stand up straight and had to hold on to all the counters just to move around. Felt like someone hit me in the small of my back with a 2X4. Now I'm on muscle relaxers that really knock me the hell out and make me feel like i'm dying of thirst. Hoping to start back to working out next week. Seems like my lower back is always tight.

Anyone know of a good way to stretch you back to this doesn't happen to me again.

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    when I was 14 years old I had back issues so much I had to take the year off from playing football and spent lots of apointments in a hospital.

Age doesn't matter, an injury or other issue is all it takes-I injured my back playing B-ball, and had an abnormal growth on one kidney that was causing my back to hurt constantly.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    OMG, are you still having problems now?
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    OMG, are you still having problems now?

Blows to my kidneys in HS would cause bleeding, and because of that (is what doc said) I had severe back pain every year from Aug-Nov because of football...Otherwise I don't think I do anymore than normal. Sometimes I'll do something to hurt it, and then it goes away.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have had back problems since around 13, and they come and go. My suggestion? Go to a good physical therapist that will teach you proper stretches/help you with other pain treatments that do not involve pills. Ultrasound is fantastic. PT worked great and combining that with the stretching I learned from Ballet I do well with my back. Except when I fall asleep on it and then it's a mess.

But seriously, PT is awesome.