logging food from restaurants...

Options
...that do not publicize their nutrtional stats...

how would i manage this? i went to the halfway cafe today and got a mediterranean wrap with grilled chicken. and i'm trying to pretend i didn't eat the fries, but i did. so now i want to log it. but i don't know how. i did send them an email asking for nutrition info.

i'm about to find some random mediterranean style something from some random restaurant in the database and just add it.

Replies

• CaptainHandsome
    CaptainHandsome Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    p.s. i count friday lunch time as a "cheat meal", i don't do cheat days, just one meal a week with a co-worker.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's what I do. Either find something as close as you can get to what you had (not something entered as homemade) and use it or try and recreate what you had ingredient by ingredient. Know that your sodium numbers are probably through the roof because of this but don't worry about it. In the end, this is a lifestyle change and you need to live your life so if you can't quite figure out what you had, overestimate and eat lightly the rest of the day and move on.
  • patkterry
    patkterry Posts: 50
    Options
    Just pick the closest thing for another restaurant. Chains Restaurants are pretty good about being n MFP, but small restaurants not so much. Good luck!!
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When I can't find something in the database I do one of two things, either log each item I consumed individually for instance if it was a salad I log each of the ingredients: grilled chicken, dressing, cucumbers, cheese, etc. Or I try to find the item labled Generic in the database, but only with common foods like the french fries you ate, or a 1/3 pound burger, or grilled salmon with veggies. Hope this helps.