Eating when you're not actually hungry?

Options
I find that I do this ALL THE TIME. It's very upsetting because I know I'm not taking care of my body the way I should. But it's really nervous eating and sometimes even 'boredom-eating'. I know most of you guys probably know what I'm talking about. So I would like to know stories about what you've been through when it comes to eating even without hunger and even what you did to stop it.

Love,

Rita

Replies

• charlotteredpath
    Options
    ohh i know that feeling! ive binged a little today even though i wasnt really hungry. doesnt help ive been home alone all day and the food is calling my name
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me, I usually try to make it something to balance out my guilt! Like munching on some fruit or something low in calories. That way I don't feel as bad later
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me, I usually try to make it something to balance out my guilt! Like munching on some fruit or something low in calories. That way I don't feel as bad later

I actually do that! But that doesn't make up for all the crap I've been eating.
  • shelk76
    shelk76 Posts: 58
    Options
    i have been typically one of those.....sit at my desk with crisps, chocolate, cake etc. this week i have switched to low cal snack just to wean my self off..weight watchers do a choc bar. 78 cals..anyway this week i have eaten fruit instead and lost 2 pounds...i am totally motivated now (apart from the curry failure tonight but its my weekly treat)
  • burtonhl
    burtonhl Posts: 57
    Options
    We can all relate to this one!

I've found that the more I eat properly the less hungry I am - especially at night. And now I'm able to talk myself out of my little binges most of the time. I just have a little talk with myself and say "self...you just made some great food choices throughout the day, had a great workout and you're not hungry....do you really need to eat those chips?" If the answer is an absolute YES! Then I have a few chippies - 9 times out of 10, I move on without eating the chippies.