confused

Options
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Does anyone know if MFP has already calculated how many calories I burn a day based on what I said I do for a living when I first joined? The reason I ask is because I wear a device that counts my steps and how many miles I walk a day. Someone I work with that's also doing MFP keeps telling me I should be counting those miles as my daily exercise but, I dont want to do that and end up going over the 1200 a day I'm allowed thinking I've earned more.Does anyone know for sure? Dont wanna end up going in the opposite direction! Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    1200 is incredibly low....and you're supposed to eat back exercise calories if you're following the MFP program. (Its ok if you're not, but you seem to be..from your post) For myself...I don't count everyday activities as exercise...working, housework etc. I do count things that are deliberate exercise, going to the gym or for a hike. Your calorie allowance is already very low. You may want to reset that to a slower loss pace that's easier to stick to. Good luck! You can do this!