HELP STRESS EATER!- help with belly fat and arm fat.

Options
Hey all. I am a complete stress eater. And working at a job right now that I am stressing big time (summer camp for the school board and we are understaffed, bad behaviour etc). PLUS I am getting married in 4 weeks.

I am still drinking 8-10 cups of water a day (and I am know I am not retaining). I feel like I have gained 5 lbs this week alone. I am afraid to weight myself! I haven't been doing my calorie in take this week for the most part, because I am fearful of the overage.

Any tips to loose the belly fat and arm fat. I am wearing a strapless dress.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Try a hard intensity work out.. Like 30 day shred p90x etc.. Try some interval cardio 30 sec sprint 30 sec jog for 5-10 min... Bring healthy snacks.. Fresh cantelop ...watermelon..frozen grapes.oranges..u can binge just binge healthy
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    ketosis can help with stress eating.

good luck on your wedding!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't choose where you will lose the weight :(

Get back on track, track your food, get some good exercise in and you'll be fine.
  • mzabicki
    mzabicki Posts: 13
    Options
    I have the same problem! I wish there was an easy solution, but it all comes down to hard work and determination!!! Just
  • mzabicki
    mzabicki Posts: 13
    Options
    Just try to stick with it and look for new ways to release stress. I started doing jumping jacks when i'm stressed. It sounds funny, but it's a good workout and a stress reducer.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You should try not to eat back your exercise calories - That way the exercise is helping you to lose weight not just maintain :happy:
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You should try not to eat back your exercise calories - That way the exercise is helping you to lose weight not just maintain :happy:

I've been doing this lately....I may do this every other week.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Do you understand how MFP uniquely expects users to eat exercise calories, and that you should still be in a calorie deficit after eating them back because MFP is figuring this deficit for you pre-exercise? Because, understanding this is important.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    let me ask... how good are you sleeping?

sleep plays a HUGE roll in your body's regulation and function. get at least 7 hours of a good sleep a night. i start to retain water and put on weight when i'm not sleeping well. 2 consecutive bad sleeps in a row will cause me to not fit into skinny jeans, i kid you not.

and with how stressed you've been, i can imagine your sleep may be suffering. especially with a wedding coming up. make sure you're making a good long sleep each night a PRIORITY!!

i can be in a calorie deficit every day for a week.. if i don't sleep well at all that week, i won't lose any weight, and will probably be retaining a bunch of crap.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll get whacked upside the head by some people for even suggesting it, but maybe try going extremely-low-carb between now and the wedding? I know that's not sustainable, but it'll sure help you drop a few pounds for a special occasion! :)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Do you understand how MFP uniquely expects users to eat exercise calories, and that you should still be in a calorie deficit after eating them back because MFP is figuring this deficit for you pre-exercise? Because, understanding this is important.

This.

I understand your frustration, but just make sure you stick to that number that MFP tells you. I am an emotional eater, too, and sometimes I just need to occupy myself with things other than food. Step outside, chew some gum...

Please, eat your exercise calories. Don't starve your body unless you like the idea of your body leaching nutrients from your muscles and bones. After all, isn't the point of exercising to help maintain them?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll get whacked upside the head by some people for even suggesting it, but maybe try going extremely-low-carb between now and the wedding? I know that's not sustainable, but it'll sure help you drop a few pounds for a special occasion! :)

Not hitting you upside the head, but again, unless you want your body to feed protein from your muscles instead of carbs from your food into the Krebs cycle to create usable energy, please don't do this.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I would not go extremely low carb as it can make you feel like cr*p - but, lowing carbs can lower water retention so may not be a bad idea to at least go lowish carbs for the short term.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    I can understand the struggle with stress eating. BTW, even drinking a lot of water you can retain water. Drinking a lot of water helps, but does not eliminate water retention.

Log everything, even the stuff you stress eat.

And, as was suggested by someone else, start to work toward dealing with your stress in a different manner. Exercise is a great choice, especially something strenuous. Jumping Jacks, Burpees, Mountain Climbers, and a whole lot more. Even running up and down the stairs. What you want to do is ingrain a new response to stress as eating, your previous and probably current response, is just ending up stressing you more.
  • darrielirwin
    Options
    Thanks all! I know I am not retaining, because I still peeing every hour! :)

I am sleeping well. I went to bed at 10pm and was asleep by 1030, and slept until 7am. The night before I was in bed by 9 and slept until 7. My job is stressful and exhausting (plus we don't have air so its bloody hot).

I am going to try and bring veggies to snack on, but I crave either sugar or salt (depending on the day). I am just lacking will power right now! LOL I just want to fit into the dress..

Tomorrow I am hoping to be back on track. I am going to be by the pool, so I am hoping to do some water aerobics for a couple hours, hoping that will help! :)

Thanks again!