Is it better to...

Options
I've heard mixed reviews on this and being so new in my weight loss journey I thought I would ask ya'll. Is it better to work out in the morning or at night? Does it really make that much of a difference?

Replies

• myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is to work out! I tend to do it in the evenings as my wind down from my day but I got the same results when I used to get up early instead. The nice part about early is it can get your energized for you day but I prefer the stress-relief at the end. It really just depends on what you can do consistently.
  • hornedfrog11
    Options
    That's what I figured. I really like how it energizes me in the morning, but then 2 o'clock comes around and I'm falling asleep at work. I think I'm better off working out at night... I just have to make myself go.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to the gym anytime Monday to Friday, I have to go after work ..... if it's on the weekends, I go early so the rest of my day is free ....... doesn't matter, as long as I go :drinker:

Best of luck to you !
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm like you. If I do it early, I conk out during the day. And I find the tiredness I feel after a late workout combined with the stress relief leads to a really good sleep. Also, I eat my main meal early afternoon, so I have the fuel to do the late workout and don't get hungry after so no cravings for a late snack.