What is your average weekly loss?

Options
mcn79
mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
I know everyone is different... but I want to ask anyway. :)

I have about 92 lbs total that I want to lose. So far I'm losing about 1-1.5 lbs a week. I'm curious how long it is taking people - especially those with a lot of lose - to lose a significant amount of weight.

My goals are set at 10% increments... with wanting to lose the first 10% in 15 weeks and hoping to lose it all in a year. I know that's probably not realistic, but... What are your experiences?

I am eating pretty clean, staying within my calories and exercising for 45-60 minutes 4-5 times a week.

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week , some weeks a lot quicker, some weeks barely/no loss... but the average has been 1 pound a week.
  • AtteroIgnis
    Options
    Target of 70lbs to loose , started at Christmas.
    Generally been losing 0.5 - 1.5lb a week. Couple of 0 loss weeks and just the 1 annoying Plateau of about 4 weeks so far.

Working out 6 times a week 30-90 minute sessions, Mixture of Cardio and Resistance training (emphasis on resistance).

Not doing anything that isn't sustainable long term. Im shooting for a life change not a quick fix - so far so good.
  • tnichol4
    tnichol4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started with 100 pounds to loose at the end of January. I am down 36 now and I workout 5-6 times per week for atleast an hour and stay under my calories 6 out of 7 days (sundays are my off day) I loose 1- 1.5 a week but sometimes I hit plateau's and stay the same for like two or three weeks. Its going great though.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I have been losing at about 1.5 lbs/week, although like others, sometimes its in leaps and other times barely anything. This is over several weeks. I've also had some weeks where I didn't try to lose and gained a couple pounds back because of too much restaurant food (travelling for work) -- I have another one of those coming up soon too.
  • britfout
    britfout Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When it comes down to it I average 1.5 pounds a week. Each month usually goes like this for me:
    week 1- no loss
    week 2- no loss
    week 3- 4 pounds lost
    week 4- 2 pounds lost

Then the cycle starts all over again. So now I don't mind when I go a couple weeks without losing because it's exciting to see it all drop off in big chunks!!!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I was losing about 1.5-2lbs/week, but now that I'm so close to goal, it's been about 0.5-1lb/week.
  • michellematteson
    Options
    In 28 weeks I have lost 25 pounds, but considering I have my goals set to lose one half pound per week, I am alright with it.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I averaged 3.15 pounds per week from 307 to 200, I've been under 200 for the last 2 years.

I averaged a little over 2.65 last month. This month is starting slow, closer to 1.5 but I expect it to speed up (last weekend was BAD :) )

I am not necessarily recommending this but I was willing to make the sacrifices and I always listen to my body and how I feel. If I feel like crap I eat more :)
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week.
  • taziwac
    taziwac Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1 - 1.5lbs per week is pretty good and most importantly, the consistency will pay off.

I have been losing about 3 lbs per week. That may sound like a lot, but that's mostly because I've got so much to lose! I've also come to realize that weight loss doesn't tell the whole story. If you're not already, start taking measurements too. That's my plan for the weekend so that I can start tracking inches lost as well.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I've been here about 8 months, and I've lost 49 pounds. So it's about 1.5 pounds a week, according to my math, which hopefully is correct for once.
  • srawr
    srawr Posts: 32
    Options
    So far between 2 and 4 as I've drastically changed into a healthy lifestyle with more exercise, but I'm sure it'll slow down to 1-2 pounds which is when I'll up the exercise :)

13 pounds lost, around 70 to go xD
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Since I started in January, I've lost between 1 to 4 pounds a week depending on the week. Usually 2.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm right about at my 6 month mark and I've lost 1.65 pounds/week. I've lost 42.2 total. I have my goals set to 1 pound a week but I leave anywhere from 200-300 exercise calories uneaten a few days a week. And I'm pretty strict for the most part. I'm glad for the extra pounds lost a week, and just getting ready for when/if it starts to slow down! =/
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Its usually about 0.4kg which is a pound. Happy with that :ohwell:
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm averaging 10 lbs a month pretty much. At first it was more but I have had some months where I would only lose 7 lbs so it all averages out. The closer that I get to goal, the slower it seems to go.

Also, at first it was a steady loss that I could see on the scale every week (if not every day) and now it will almost totally stop for a couple of weeks and then suddenly start dropping off the last week or two of my month. It drives me nuts cause I really would like to see it slowly coming off the entire month and not just the last week.

1-2 lbs a month is suppose to be healthy weight loss...
  • tleclair247
    Options
    Averaging 4-5 lbs a week,
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I hit 1.5 pounds a week, pretty consistently.
  • evontually
    evontually Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Average loss is 2 pounds a week, but I tend to alternate weeks. No loss one week and the next I'll drop by 4 pounds with no change in routine.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    1/2 lb - 1 lb loss per week