Eating back calories ? ?

I am very new here. Days. I have started to work out, and I am watching what I eat now. I had been for months, just not as close as this makes you do it. I LOVE IT! However, I do feel like its a lot of food to eat. I want to loose weight. Im not tiny. I worked out today, and it now says to eat another 1000 calories. WOW!

I have eaten so much today already ?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have eaten ALREADY :

1 Piece of toast ( flax seed )
Vougurt with berries
Turkey wrap
Tuna salad
Cucumbers
.............................. stills says 1000 to go......................... ( ummmm )

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    You have eating hardly anything.. so yes, eat those 1000 calories.

Eat calorie dense foods.. Nuts, Yogurt, Cheese. You'll be able to eat smaller amounts and pack a bigger punch calorie wise.
  • linwaggs
    linwaggs Posts: 25 Member
    How active did you set yourself up as? If you marked "sedentary" or "mildly active" eat your exercise calories back. If you marked "moderately" or "high" don't eat them back because it would be counting them twice.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    If you are around 5'3" or above you should be netting about 1600+ daily after eating back cals.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    this topic is debated endlessly. The answer in my opinion varies form person to person. With 50 lbs to lose, I would not eat back the calories if you are not hungry. Plus is seems to me that many estimates of cals burned are kinda high so eating back ends up putting you over. If I were you, I wouldn't go hungry but not feel you need to eat them back.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    this topic is debated endlessly. The answer in my opinion varies form person to person. With 50 lbs to lose, I would not eat back the calories if you are not hungry. Plus is seems to me that many estimates of cals burned are kinda high so eating back ends up putting you over. If I were you, I wouldn't go hungry but not feel you need to eat them back.

Agree 100%
  • akacc74
    akacc74 Posts: 3
    Wow, thanks for all the responces. I am 5'7, and I put lightl;y active. I do sit at a computer in the day, but Im not doing nothing after that. Ive also added in the workouts.

Havent decided what to do exactly yet, everyone has good points.