P90X ROUTINES?

Options
I started the P90X Classic routine and did it for 6 weeks and really havent seen any results. I was wondering what is the difference between the CLASSIC, DOUBLES, AND THE LEAN ROUTINES????

Should I be doing a different one since Im pretty much fit and at my goal weight? Ive been maintaining for over 8 months now. The Classic seems to be ok but im not happy with my results..

Can someone please give me some advice on this. I would really appriciate it and not thinking that im doing the wrong level..

Thanks,

Susie

Replies

• bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have found any workout program is 80% diet. You need to keep pushing play, but its your diet that will determine your results. Also keep in mind 6 weeks isn't very long. Most people who see results with this program have done it several times. You should see results after 90 days but don't expect them to be extreme. Not saying they can't be, just don't expect they should be.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    P90X Classic is recommended for first timers. It gets you used to the workouts and intensity (doubles is workouts twice a day).

Lean is to get a more toned figure, more emphasis on weight loss, less on muscle building (keep in mind you need to build SOME muscle to lose fat).
    After your first round, I would recommend the Lean program.

I did an entire round, and didn't see results until phase 3 (after Day 60). Lost 8 lbs but went down 4 jean sizes.

On my second round right now.

Good Luck!
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    What do you mean after the first round? The first round of Classic for the whole thing? I want to start lean on Monday. Lots of people say thats a good one for me because Im in great shape except for the fat that needs to burn off of my abs and build more muscle tone in my biceps.. We will see I guess. :)
  • mrsmark2010
    mrsmark2010 Posts: 220
    Options
    I have heard that the lean program was more like p90x lite. Doubles is basically 2 workouts/day some days per week. I finished the classic program. I didn't lose any weight the first month or so, and most of the change came in the last month (ended up losing about 10 pounds and several % of body fat). I only finished one round then went on to insanity. I plan to do a hybrid/combo next go round (after my recovery week). Gotta stay true to your diet for any results.
  • bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    First round means the first full 90 program. I would be hesitant in stopping this round to start lean and suggest finishing the 90 days. Commit and give it a chance to work. No program will work if you give up after only 6 weeks which is essentially what you are doing. What happens when you don't see change after 6 weeks of the lean program? Focus on the goal and be patient. Results may not come as quickly, or be as obvious, as you want them too. If they did, everyone would be doing it.
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    True.. I will start the Classic again and hopefully stay healthy and not miss 4 weeks again.. Thanks for all the advise.

Susie
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Like others are saying to see results your diet has to be priority. It's not just about counting calories, but also about the type of food you are eating. Other then that how heavy are you lifting? I know for a long time I was afraid to lift heavy, but I noticed when I started to lift a little bit heavier and push myself farther I started to see results. If you like send me a message and I can help you figure out what's up
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I went through P90X Classic a couple years ago and didn't lose any weight. I felt better but I didn't change my diet so I didn't lose anything. I started the Classic routine again about a month ago. I've changed my diet, cut out the booze, and I'm down about 15 lbs.

They also have a hybrid that has a mix of P90X and Insanity--you might want to take a look at it.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    I agree with what someone said above about diet being at least 80% of success. But can I ask you what your goals are? Depending on what your goals it, it may or may not be the right program for you. You said that you're at your goal weight, and that you aren't making progress... progress toward what?
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    I have Fat that is still stored in my mid section from my kids. I know it takes time to get rid of so im taking it day by day. I want more difinition in my biceps. Eating isnt a problem for me. My diet is very healthy I think i just need to lift heavier and push harder with my cardio to burn the fat in my belly..

Susie
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    It sounds like you're still trying to lose fat - you said you want more definition in your biceps, not more size. If you wanted more size, I'd say up your calories and lift heavier. But if you want to lose fat, I'd say go for maintenance on the resistance training, increase your cardio, and eat at a deficit.

If you don't find P90-X challenging, you might want to try Insanity. It's (way) more about Cardio, and less about building size.
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've read that Tony Horton says for women it should be called P120X because sometimes it takes longer to see the results for women.
    When I did P90X a couple years ago I didn't see results for the first 6 weeks, but by 90 days I saw great results.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm not sure why you haven't seen results, at least in the weights you can lift. I notice a difference every single week in my strength, flexibility, and stamina. I just finished up Phase II of Round I.

I did begin to incorporate some Insanity videos also. I'm doing my own sort of doubles hybrid with the two.

I think it's all in how hard you work it. Are you increasing your weights? Are you trying to go deeper in the lunges, jump higher, punch harder, etc?

You have to give it your all, every time, and THEN some. You have to push just beyond where you think you can go.