People are Staring.....

Options
So I am down almost 21 lbs now and decided to redo my look a little. So last night I went and had an inch cut off my hair, its still a good 4 inches below the shoulders though, had it framed to my face and i have BANGS! I haven't had bangs in almost a decade. My natural hair color is a very light strawberry blonde so last night I dyed it a super dark red...like Debra Messing. When I got up this morning I pulled part of it back into a "poof" created by a "Bump It" and actually curled it....something I never do. I then put on my knee high black boots (which I haven't been able to fit into in a year but can now!), a fitted knee length black and pink shirt and a black business top and headed out the door. I went to Starbucks and the place went silent and people just stared....then it happened again on the light rail heading to work....and now my office is doing it. I don't know if this is a good thing or not but its freaking me out...I'm used to being invisible....I hope my hair doesnt look like crap or something. :noway: :blushing:

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like you look FABULOUS!! Enjoy the attention!
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    sounds to me like you look FABULOUS!! Enjoy the attention!
    thanks I hope thats the case....my fiance is currently living out of state so he and the rest of my family havent seen the new me yet....they will on webcam tonight. hope he likes it!:ohwell: very nervous. but i think the important thing is that I feel pretty. And I am down to the size I was in high school and enjoying being able to wear form fitted clothes again. I also think the contrast between my fair skin and dark hair is pretty. I even learned how to do the smoky eye look so I am trying that out today too.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Maybe step in the bathroom and do a quick turn around and make sure your skirt isn't caught in your hose or your hair isn't orange with blue in the back or something. If all looks in order, enjoy the results of your hard work and your new-found attention! :flowerforyou:
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    Maybe step in the bathroom and do a quick turn around and make sure your skirt isn't caught in your hose or your hair isn't orange with blue in the back or something. If all looks in order, enjoy the results of your hard work and your new-found attention! :flowerforyou:

hahah thats so funny you mention that. I have been checking my skirt all day to make sure it wasn't doing that...i've had that happen before:blushing:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    you look awesome I am sure that is why people are staring-be proud and love every minute of it. Hard work will get noticed.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your inner hottie came out--enjoy!! :laugh:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    As long as there's no toilet paper stuck to your shoe or anything...... :laugh: :bigsmile:

I say........ WOO!!! WORK IT GIRL!! :blushing: :love:

When you get on the webcam tonight, tell the family to go to the next room for awhile.

Then STRUT for your man baby!!!!!!! Uh-huh..... :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :heart:
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I found out why people are staring....every man in my office has come up to me today and told me I look smoking!! Now that makes me feel good! And def makes me want to keep losing the weight! I am even getting stopped by random people in the streets!! I've never felt so pretty before!!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: well 2 things happened! one, you look fantastic, and two, you FEEL like you look fantastic! People pick up on your confindence and feeling good about how you look, makes you look even better!! Enjoy it and keep it up!!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: well 2 things happened! one, you look fantastic, and two, you FEEL like you look fantastic! People pick up on your confindence and feeling good about how you look, makes you look even better!! Enjoy it and keep it up!!

^^^
    This!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I found out why people are staring....every man in my office has come up to me today and told me I look smoking!! Now that makes me feel good! And def makes me want to keep losing the weight! I am even getting stopped by random people in the streets!! I've never felt so pretty before!!

How could you not feel pretty - you are a gorgeous woman. Keep at it, you heartbreaker :wink:
  • klybarger
    Options
    That is wonderful. I think people can see your confidence too! Enjoy!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! You go girl :flowerforyou: