Help.. What to eat??

Options
ashypoo03
ashypoo03 Posts: 49 Member
SO I am a very picky eater.. i love fruit but dont like many vegetables.. i like olives , pickles, cucumbers, corn, green peas, green beans.. and that's really about it.. i'm trying to eat healthy throughout the day but I struggle so much before I don't know what to eat.. usually for breakfast i will have homemade oatmeal with a green tea i have been adding some brown sugar to it which i know isnt good but i need something sweet for flavor.. then lunch i've been having chicken strips boneless and skinless.. usually dip those in salsa.. snacks are always things like cucumbers, bananas , almonds.. and then dinner is always a hastle by the time 5 comes I just want to eat everything in site.. what are you guys eating?? help me out please :)

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Here are some staples in my diet:

Scrambled egg whites with 1 egg for flavor
    Greek yogurt with a squirt of honey
    Protein shakes made with spinach, banana, PB2, and vanilla almond milk
    Protein shakes made with milk, PB2 and butterscotch pudding mix
    Protein shakes made with peaches/mango and orange juice
    Egg salad on Ryvita crackers
    Tuna salad on Ryvita crackers
    Steak with sauteed mushrooms & onions
    Taco salads made from 1/2 cup taco meat on lettuce, tomato, black olives with 1oz shredded cheese and salsa/sour cream
    Hard boiled eggs
    Cheese strings
    Toast with jam & cottage cheese
    Chopped red bell peppers
    Navel oranges
    Summer fruits & berries right now YUM!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My staples:

Raw spinach as a bed for everything (I use it as my leafy greens in salad, to fill in wraps, on sandwiches, in soups and stews... everything)
    Apple
    Oranges
    Boneless skinless chicken breast
    Avocado (I whip it up with some lemon juice and salt and spread it on everything)
    Sparkling flavored water
    Coffee with flavored creamer (this is my one true naughty thing... I must have creamer)
    Roma tomatoes (with nearly every meal)
    Black olives
    Green olives
    Kalamata olives
    Feta cheese (I sprinkle it on a lot of stuff)
    Eggs
    Kale
    Turkey deli meat
    Lavash wraps
    String cheese

I pretty much stick to those things and I throw in new things or different things every so often. When I'm at work, I have to eat what we cook so that's when I get some different choices (lean ground beef, chicken salad, etc.)
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I eat protein at every meal and a healthy fat at every meal. Keeps me full.
    Try different veggies. You might be surprised.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Recently, we decided we wanted to make a meal that was just jam packed with nutrition and very low on fats and carbs. We ended up shredding cooked chicken breast and then putting it in the crockpot with a couple large cans of diced tomatoes (juice and all). Then we added chopped up kale, spinach, fresh tomatoes, and white beans. We seasoned it to taste and it made a huge batch of the most delicious soup/stew ever! It was so so good and each portion left us feeling full and satisfied.

I recommend the crockpot when all else fails... it will meld the good flavors with the veggies you're unsure about... you can add garlic, onion, whatever flavors float your boat! So yummy!

Also, I love making a homemade pico de gallo with is extremely low cal and all that. It's just chopped up tomato, onion, green pepper and jalapenos and I put a little garlic in it and a lot of lime juice, then salt to taste. It's so delicious I could eat it with a spoon. It's even better the next day. I think it would be a healthier choice than jarred salsa =) I even have an awesome salsa recipe that's to die for...mostly fresh things as well except for some diced tomatoes.