Fiber is AWESOME!!

Options
So I was at a platuea for months then some one on here suggested I double my fiber and increase my whole grains and I did!! Now the weight is coming off a lot faster and no more platuea!! Not only that but I feel so much better and healthier!! I've doubled my fruit and veggie intake to and no more bad processed carbs!! I highly suggest this for anyone struggling to loose weight!

Replies

• Luludog1
    Options
    Can you please give me some example of what types of fiberious food you are eating
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    Look at my food diary starting today and for the next week. Don't look at last week...had a bad week
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    word of caution though....you should expect to go number 2 more often....:blushing:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I recommend Nature's Own Double Fiber wheat bread. It only has 50 calories a slice, and it packs 5g fiber per slice too! Tastes great and keeps a long time. You could also incorporate some beans into your diet, and of course more fruits and veggies to get more fiber. I increased my intake from what mfp had it set at (14 I think) to 25. This is the minimum amount I get per day; many days I go over. Anything whole grain can get you there!

And as for the increased going #2, I think it's a great thing. I don't feel like I have had a complete day unless it has happened, perhaps more than once :blushing: Before I started my lifestyle change I would go once every couple of days. Love that regularity!! bahahhaha
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Good to know!! I just started adding benefiber to my diet. I just started on Monday and I really have not weighed in. My workout schedule has been off since my husband is away on business and running after my two demonchildren has been enough of a workout!