Is it all in my head?

Options
I finally reached my breaking and started working out and eating well on Monday. I have gone to the gym everyday and done cardio and strength training and did Zumba yesterday.... Drinking tons of water etc.. Anyways, I feel better... I feel like I'm less bloated, a LOT less sluggish, I haven't really been able to take a nap due to the extra energy compared to being able to sleep any time, anywhere... I feel like I LOOK a little less squishy in my clothes.. Do you think after only 3 days so far that it's in my head or is it possible to actually see a difference, probably just water weight because I know its not actually pounds after 3 days, thats just dumb....

Replies

• laurajoyk
    Options
    Its not all in your head, you really begin to love yourself when you start taking care of yourself, you may not have lost much weight to cause physical changes yet, but I totally have noticed that the more I work out the better I feel about the way I look and love the way I feel afterwards!

Keep up the good work!! Its worth it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    After 3 days, I could wear pants that I haven't been able to wear in months (I had tried them on earlier in the week & they didn't fit). Today, 2 weeks later, those pants are LOOSE on me and I feel *awesome.* It's not all in your head. Congratulations! :drinker:
  • Solandra
    Options
    If you feel better, if you're motivated to continue, then I don't think it matters whether it's all in your head - because what's in your head is going to keep you going.

When I started, I began tracking everything on the first day of my period that month, on purpose. At the end of the week, I'd lost three pounds - intellectually, I know it was water weight, but emotionally, it was motivation, and even if I was "gaming the system" I felt good about my accomplishment.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible to see and feel a difference after 3 days. It is amazing how releasing water weight can change the appearance and how you feel.

Glad you are back on track.:flowerforyou:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Water weight can make a huge difference in the way your clothes fit. Its not in your head, just imagine how you will feel in 3 more days!
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Remember, too, the exercise gives you the endorphins that make you feel better too. I find now my body craves the regular exercise, which is quite astonishing to me since I'm very naturally lazy