Protein Powder

Options
I am considering trying a protein powder. I've been working out a lot more lately and i find that i amhungry after a workout and i'd like to start using the protein drinks to help me find more energy and to supplement with after a workout.

i am a fairly petite female at 5'2" and 127 lbs.

can anyone recommend a good protein powder that actually tastes decent?

Replies

• tpleus
    tpleus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk lowfat protein powder. It's a big expensive but it's the best tasting and most filling I've found so far. Best of luck to you!
  • SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    does this type of stuff bulk you up? i don't so much want to look cut and muscular. i more so want it to provide energy for my workouts.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i like bsn dessert and gold standard 100% whey! they both r really good and pretty low in calories
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't like any protein powder but I wanted to say that you can drink the protein shakes and not bulk up ... you will only bulk up if you are lifting that the amount of weight it takes to bulk up!! Good Luck!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like the Designer Whey products. They have a newer Biggest Loser line, the chocolate deluxe and vanilla bean are really great flavors and only 50 cals a scoop. You can add it to milk, or I add a scoop to my oatmeal. :bigsmile: I even make a latte sometimes w/ coffee, 4oz skim milk, 1 scoop protein, and some Stevia. Really good for 90 cals. :bigsmile:

The protein powder will *not* bulk you up. It will help your muscles refuel after your workout. Works for me. :drinker:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard 100% whey
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I tried the SixStar powder and it made me sick. (I'm sure it doesn't everyone). It was the first time I had protein powder.
    I went and got Power Maxx in chocolate. It actually satisfies my sweet craving. It tastes good. I like it.