Eat First or Exercise First in the mornings

Options
Looking for a little advice....should I do my morning walk before or after eating breakfast?

Replies

• rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I workout first. But the only thing it affects is your happiness. Do which you like.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I like to workout on an empty stomach..I forget I'm hungry once I start whatever it is I'm doing.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am not sure which is right, but I workout first, shower, then eat. I seem to have more energy with my stomach empty.
  • jensgettinghealthy
    Options
    Ever since I played tennis in high school (23+ years now) I've always gotten dizzy or even fainted if I don't eat before exercise. My doctor told me to eat beforehand and now I don't have any problems.

I've started running and I found a tip on the runner's world website that suggested eating a peanut butter, banana, honey sandwich. I use 100 calorie sandwich thins, 1 TBSP (1/2 serving) crunchy peanut butter (more satisfying to me), about a third of a large banana (sliced) and some honey. So I eat and then go running. Most of the time I'm still satisfied until lunch. (I run about 9:00 in the morning.) The whole sandwich is only 277 calories and it really helps me out.