PCOS

Options
Any woman that has PCOS? Do you have sweet cravings at night? I have PCOS and every night I crave something sweet..

Replies

• angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Cut the carbohydrates down as much as you can and after a few days you will stop craving. I was a huge sugar addict (seeets/choc/pasta) and craved so much, i always gave in. since ive been on a high protein diet the cravings are getting less and less and its all thanks to the nutrtionist I saw. Give it a few months and i reckon my PCOS symptoms will improve too.
  • aimeelouise79
    aimeelouise79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I get this too. The reason I have gained weight is because I crave sugary, starchy carbs and junk ALL THE TIME. I'm planning to start a low GI diet on Monday to see if it helps. I'm going to have to cut the junk completely I think because there is no such thing as just one biscuit or crisp for me! If I have one it sets me off on a massive binge. Kinda nervous about how the cravings are going to make me feel though :(
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    they will go aimee but it does take a good few days, i tried cutting down over a week ago then this week have seriously cut down and i just diont get those awefull cravings anynmore which is fab cos i was addicted.
  • countrygirlinar75
    countrygirlinar75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a sugar addict too. I'm trying really hard to cut it out..