Newbie: About Me and wanted tips and advice. Thanks!

Porsha1Love
Porsha1Love Posts: 18 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello. I am a 23 year old wife, mother, and student nurse. I have been struggling with weight since I can remember. Even when I was 150 back in my teens I was still thicker than most girls for my age. Now of course being 150 now as an adult would be great.

But yes, I have come to that point where I now need to renew myself confidence and body image and with God's strength and obedience I know I can do it. I just need to continue to motivate myself and think about my future with my husband, my child (and future children), my health, and my overall happiness.

On August 25, 2009, I weighed in at 274lbs. Right now as of Sept 22, 2009 I weigh 262 lbs. I have lost 12lbs.

So here are my mini goals. I would like to give myself 2.5 months to reach each one.

* Pre-pregnancy weight: 248lbs

* Pre-wedding weight : 228lbs

* Pre-freshmen weight: 198lbs

* Pre-met my husband weight: 178lbs

* Ultimate goal weight: 145-155lbs

BUT yes I can’t wait to reach my goal. I am young and have so much more to look forward to other then my weight issues. I am currently on a 1300 calorie Diet (veggies, fruits, meat (palm of hand serving), and whole grain or whole wheat carbs), 8 cups of water, along with 30-45 minutes of cardio, and abs/ weight training. I love dancing, kickboxing, aerobics, Pilates and Latin dancing.

Welcome to Any tips or advice. I Truly appreciate. Thanks!

Replies

• dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Congrats on losing the 12! :noway:

Your being very aggressive with your goals - 2lbs a week. Be careful. Take measurments of your body as well. You may see some changes in sizes but not weight in some weeks.

Focus on a healthy lifestyle!:smile:

Remember it took a long time to put the weight on. I would recommend cutting your goal in half.

Good luck!:happy:
  • I also advocate slow weight loss, especially once you've gotten within 30lb or so of your goal.

It sounds like you're off to a good start, and loving active things like you do is a big help, too.

Welcome :)
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    I agree with measurments - I haven't lost much weight maybe 10 pounds total but have lost over 6inches from my waist.
  • Porsha1Love
    Porsha1Love Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks you guys. I think because i am heavy i tend to naturally drop 2lbs a week. When i tried to lose weight before i had my child . i was loosing 2 lbs every week and sometimes just 1lb.

I have not measure myself but i need to. It would help to know I see. Thanks.
    I am trying to make lifestyle changes by getting more active and eating better. I just need to reteach myself to eat right and watch portion size especially now in order to lose weight!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.