Today is a tough day

Options
Hey everyone

Finally have a few minutes in the day to breath and thought what better way to spend my break than to post on here. Today is a hard day for me. I have been really trying to eat clean. I actually just started on Monday eating clean. I have been watching what I eat and exercising for a little while now but this week I told myself that I am going to push myself and actually try clean eating. I am not 100% clean..probably about 80%. I am still using stevia in my coffee and I eat a zone bar for one of my afternoon snacks because it helps me for my workout. But, today is hard because there is a box of Sees Candies Suckers ( I LOVE THOSE) in the other room for our office to share. I haven't been tempted but today I can't seem to stay full. I was great all morning. I had a great breakfast, a mid morning snack that held me over until 1 when I ate my lunch, but it is only 2:30 and I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth. So, I ate my zone bar early to satisfy that so I wouldn't eat the bad candy. BUT I keep thinking that I want more AND now I don't have anything for before my workout. This week is my TOM and I haven't had any problems with my eating all week but suddenly it hit. I have been running ragged all day from meeting to meeting here at work and now that I have a chance to sit, I can't stop thinking about food. I was going to go grab a pack of gum but I have this problem with gum (as silly as it sounds). I am constantly switching to a fresh piece and before I know it, the pack is gone. Seriously, it is a huge problem because for awhile I was chewing it so much to help with stress (it relieved me for some reason and I felt like I could concentrate more) but it would give me THE WORST stomach cramps. So, I am trying not to chew gum either because I know it will make my stomach hurt. It's because its sugar free but I just can't eat the regular stuff!

This is a long post and very scattered and I am so sorry for that. I am just very stressed and just found out my mother is coming into town tonight which means I don't know if I will make my workout because I am OCD and HAVE to wash the sheets to our spare bed and I always become self conscious around my mom because she is TINY and doesn't have to worry about it, as well as my sister. So, I think the stress from that is what is making me think of food and want to go to my comfort place where I can eat something bad for me. Plus, like I said...TOM.

Actually, posting this, while long and probably silly and boring to many of you, has actually made me feel a little bit better so I think I will just drink some water and try to focus on my next meeting which is in 20 minutes.

Thanks for letting me rant!

Replies

• KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    This is a good place to rant. Realistically, it sounds like you might miss your workout tonight because of the Mom visit...so maybe you can do some squats, sit ups and push ups in between washing the sheets and putting them on the bed. Also, put some music on and throw some dance moves in there...you'll burn some calories and not feel so bad about missing your workout.

It's my TOM too...I'm eating a Go Lean Crunch bar to stave off the sweet tooth. Good luck girl, we're with you!
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    We can hug each other. I won't go through the details but let's just say I changed my forum signature based on today. Maybe it's just this day... there's always tomorrow I suppose.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I have my first group therapy and I"m very worried about being hungry through out the day. I hope I can do it. I feel you on those days where all you want to do is eat and eat. I have those days too and I try to chug 16 ounces of water when I feel hungry, it helps too, so maybe I'm not hungry but thirsty instead.
  • Veronica320
    Options
    I have a hard time with sweets when I'm stressed out at work too. It seems like every week (usually payroll day..... today:grumble: ) I end up eating countless mini peanut butter cups and krackles. Tomorrow will be better:flowerforyou: I know how you feel with the whole mom thing. My stepmom is one of those "beauty queen"......"I'm a natural blonde"......."oh, I haven't had any work done".....kind of women. It can be very uncomfortable around her for sure. I just try to remember that I'm just going to take things at my own pace and not let a bad day (or two) ruin my momentum. Keep up all your hard work!!!:smile:
  • lindsay0311
    lindsay0311 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouraging words! Posting yesterday really helped. I jumped into my next meeting and pretty soon I was crazy busy again and forgot all about the hunger. My mom ended up calling and saying she is coming today so I was able to make my workout AND wash the sheets haha. Your support is very appreciated!